Retardedly expensive audio equipment... and a LOT more...

So i was looking through an audiophile magazine over the weekend.

Holy fuck.

Speakers $100,000 for a pair.
Cables >$10,000

It was un-fucking-believable.

Do 100 Grand speakers really sound 200 times better than 500 dollar speakers?

WTF!!!

If you have never experienced them, you will never understand…

play with them an you will see a difference, my favorite sub is the billet aluminum chasis bryston, it costs $42,000 used

go to www.audiogon.com to see some great examples

B&W natulus line runs about 25k per speaker. And yes they do sound better than speakers costing alot less.

dude i hit 500000 decibles with my 12inch kicker comp with a 200 watt radio shack amp

ok.

here is my thinking.

I could get a home stero… or a home… or a ferrari.

who the hell would take a home stereo, other than the guy who already has everything.

BTW - newman - your new sig is tasteless.

nah, it’s sweet.

i think newman needs to end up in one of those crazy people buildings, where they check to see if he is insane or not. He is way too opinionated, and open about stuff that will get him on everyones bad side. We understand you’re depressed… stop flaunting it :slight_smile:

It’s about as stupid as spending a million on wheels…

“I want speakers so loud they can blow a woman’s clothes off”

lol @ you guys that think its about volume

and i can guarentee that it sounded like shit, i will put my measly 100W b and w’s up against almost anything, whill minus totem shamens cause those sound fucking amazing.

loud != more better

NEWMAN: is that some 9/11 shit in your sig? :gotme: if it is im gonna politely ask to you get rid of it.

yes it is.

:word:

There is so much more to an audio system than that. The high’s the mid’s, like a crisp piano note, no introduction of hiss, accurate replication of notes, and not clipping. Granted there is a TON of markup and a certain point where it is for bling factor. Kinda like spinner’s for a car with a diamond crusted bead, there is no point in that shit. Then again you can buy speakers with a diamond cone too. :bloated:

Old reason I decided to repair instead of replace my vintage Sansui stereo amplifier. Couldn’t find anything under the $500-1000 range that came close, and even then it was tough find something better. Granted 5.1 is nice, but a good stereo setup can be just as if not better than a cheapy 5.1 setup.

:roll2: shits gotta go

INB4AHUGEDEALISMADEABOUTNEWMANSIGNATURE

Wah wah wah, if you don’t like it…don’t read it, or put him on ignore.

Thats the problem today. Everyone thinks, because they think its tasteless, its wrong.

Its freedom of speech and expression… that built this country, and its also going to tear it down… because nobody can just let something slide.

I don’t think the biggest problem we have, is newmans sig. I think the biggest problem we have, is that its true.

On Topic- 100k speakers are cararrrazzyyy

Yeah, our leaders are getting us killed. Newman, I’m sorry I usually can laugh if I don’t agree with you, hell most of the time I jump in with you, but on this one I am pretty disgusted…

what are you newmans ass buddy?