FS:Pro Audio Home Theater Speakers

Hey guys. I need money for my car so I’m selling these speakers my uncle bought for my birthday on Nov 7. They’re practically brand new. I can’t seem to find the model I have on the net so I’ll just type up whats on the box. It says, dual 8" 3-way floor standing tower studio monitor. Then this other stuff:
-dual 8" custom designed woofers-aluminized cones with santoprene surround
-1" titanium tweeter aluminized fabric dome
-computer optimized crossover
-terminal with gold plated binding posts
-500 watts
-multi media
-dvd compatible
-home or professional use
-2 year warrenty

I don’t know anything about speakers so I don’t know what this means. I still have the warrenty cards and still haven’t filled them out so whoever buys them can have them. These speakers sound good to my ears but I have them hooked up to a crap panasonic mini stereo amp. Anyone serious about buying these can come test them but I would reccomend bringing a good amp to hear the full quality. I hooked them up to my buddies kenwood amp and they sounded awsome. Reply if interested. Whoops forgot the price. $500obo. I really need money for the car so any reasonable offer won’t be refused.

are they carpeted?

pics?

sounds like white truck specials.

Carpeted? Do you mean the cover thing that goes over the thing to cover it up? Sorry, don’t know anything about this. I’ll try and get my hands on a digi cam so I can take pics. What are white truck specials?

i meant are the boxes themselves carpeted…

there are guys that go around on white trucks and try to sell people “DJ” speakers for outrageous prices claiming that they just had an extra pair from an over-ordered install.

i have heard of people spending upwards of $1000 on a pair.

These don’t seem like the carpeted type, they actually seem like a decent speaker. I don’t know anything about them though, so I can’t judge.
As to the DJ speakers in the van, the best offer I got was $200 for the pair AND they would throw in a 24 of Canadian :smiley:

The boxes are black wood, not capeted. What does carpeting the box do? Is it good or bad?

not really indicative of anything…

what is the brand name of these speakers, it must say on them.

multi media
-dvd compatible

I do not understand why they would have to put this on the Box.

Two 8" drivers != PA speaker.

They are likely just Future Shop $600 scrap

And by the way, what the hell are you doing selling gifts from your uncle! You ungrateful little bastard :lol:

All I ever got from my uncles was a $15 CD (now I get jack)!

But the speakers themselves should have a brand - pop off the covers!

I think the brand is PA. It has a PA logo on the speakers. I can assure you that they sound good to my ears but I don’t know much about speakers. If someone isn’t busy and lives close to Sauga and knows about speakers, could you please come with an amp and listen to them? Then you can tell everyone here if they are good or not.

Polk Audio, Precision Acoustics?

If Polk Audio, that’s a decent price. If Precision Acoustics, try $20, I wouldn’t even pay that much for them :smiley: My Precision Acoustics sub died a couple of days ago, and sounded like crap the entire time I had it.

im sorry for trying to jack your thread i promise i wont do it again.

From solarian.

EDITED

GT