Ride with Pride

after discussing the possibility of buying a bike with numerous people, i decided to take the ride with pride motorcycle safety course (mainly, at the advice of rick, rx3). i took the three day course in angola, and spent this past thursday evening in the classroom, saturday morning riding, saturday afternoon in class, and this morning riding again. i cant even begin to tell you how much i was able to learn from this course. i feel so much more confident and informed. my instructors were rich, charles, and lee, and each one brought a unique perspective and really did a great job of giving each rider a hands on learning experience. anyway, at the end, i passed my riding test, and will receive my license shortly.

with all that being said, i am now the proud owner of a 2003 honda cbr600rr. for those of you that know ryan (ieatpaint315), this is his old bike. i went on a ride with my cousin today and put over a hundred miles on the bike. needless to say, i am hooked.

i STRONGLY recommend ride with pride to anyone considering getting a bike. thanks to ride with pride, rick for all his advice, powersports unlimited for hooking me up with gear, and ryan for being patient with me and hooking me up with a great bike at a solid price :tup:

:smiley:

hows this work with getting your license???

you need to have your permit to take the course. they teach you everything, then you take a written and road test at the end, and the nys road test is waived. you then wait 6-8 weeks for stupid nys to send you the road test waiver in the mail, bring to dmv, and voila, you have a license.

edit: it is more for the value of what you learn, especially proper technique and maneuvers.

I did this too - the people there were awesome. It only took about 2-3 weeks for me to get my road test waiver though they tell you 6-8 as a cushion.

i also took the class. it was great. i had no riding experience prior and it helped in so many ways. the instructors were awesome too. they do say 6-8 weeks for the paper work to come, but mine took only 2 weeks. great choice on taking the class!

Congrats mang… life insurance time??? ;)… lol be safe.

I took it in Angola as well. Learned quite a lot from it. You also get 10% off your motorcycle and car insurance for 3years. So it really pays for itself. :tup:

/\ that from a guy who rode for years on a permit… if he could learn… anyone can…

But I took it last year at ECCC in williamsville GREAT course… my wifey will be taking next year :slight_smile:

Took it last year with them at Angola; great class. And NYS varies all over the place on how long it takes, I think mine was almost the full 8 weeks.

thanks will… yeah, we need to sit down relatively soon and discuss options. i think you have my business card, shoot me an email, and maybe we can coordinate something for next week.

i can’t say that i have ever heard anyone say something negative about the course. i was really nervous going into it because i didnt even know how to start a bike. i had never even been on a dirt bike before! the instructors we had were personable and broke everything down step by step so anyone could do it. we had people who couldnt even walk their bikes across the parking lot doing slow speed figure 8s without touching down by the end of the course. :tup:

Im looking to take the course soon or at least early next year. Im glad you took a good experience out of it.

I hear the “How to do proper wheelies” part of the class is awesome.

yeah man, you gotta watch out for them ninja 250s y0, they start pullin’ up at like 3k in any gear, with their mad torque…

:suicide:

:smiley:

hahaha well played.