RIP Pimp C

never heard of em :confused:

rappers have real names?

regardless of who he is

rip

jesus

bringing up rappers again anyone know anything about T.I. and the whole gun thing? i have no respect for new rappers, so im over it as well

yea…UGK is about as old school as it gets… so uh what a terrible statement… you’re dumb

srsly no one knows who he is? jeez

if you don’t know, don’t act like you do

fuck it let me break it down for the disrespectful people here so they can understand where we’re coming from.

pimp c might not be top40 therefore you guys don’t know him instantly, but as one half of UGK which is undoubtedly one of the greatest influences on todays hiphop, pimp c is EASILY a huge influence on the sound of rap as we know it. while most of southern hiphop has not gotten credit until recently, pimp c and bun b (ugk) have been putting it down in their own style (now known as the dirty south sound) for over 15 years. pimp c had just gotten out of prison as well, so he hadn’t put out anything for a minute, and real fans of UGK have been waiting for them to drop (especially outside their label, jive records for more artistic freedom). he had just gotten out, dropped the best hiphop song of the year - intl players anthem ft outkast and their 2 CD album…and now he has passed away…sad sad sad. dude was a free thinker and said a lot of real life shit. as well as the fact he does a handful of production for the group. i can’t personally say i can relate to the topics on hand, but i can see where the dude is coming from and in today’s music, one thing i miss most is the lack of emotion in today’s hiphop, which is something this man had.

there is rap outside of the radio and on kiss 98.5, so let’s be real…just because you don’t know him doesn’t mean he’s not important. juelz santana just called into hot97 and gave condolences from dipset and NYC as a whole…lots of people calling in and showing love on the radio…slim thug, paul wall, esg, ludacris, lil flip and lil wayne so far as well.

the influence this man had on rap was extremely strong, so if you don’t care/like him, get the fuck out here or pay some respect, because real hiphop fans are hurting across the world today. RIP.

Ok sorry but i dont listen to rap and i know i have never heard of them but i know he had a new cd, which to me meant he was new, all i was saying was that i dont respect modern rappers because all there music is about is getting ho’s in clubs, i respect older rap where they talk about the struggles in there life and it actually had meaning. so i take it back i just never heard of the guy before no big deal

lol

nah man honest mistake, it’s all good homie. that was more directed toward the people who are instantly like “hey hes a rapper, fuck him”