So i just gutted my cat converter......

yeah man try it, bet you’ll be surprised

why not just run a high flow cat? it doesn’t hurt much at all and keeps ya legal?

well two reasons mainly… one is that i keep the car under 5K a year anyway
and two, i’m soon to be losing all the emissions stuff anyway, so it wont be legal to begin with.

i may go to a highflow just to keep the sound down as it is pretty loud

They make cats?

carsound/magnaflow makes good cats

Eh, who needs a cat…:wink:

high flow cats, ha. they dont make a difference at all. u see hardly any gain. cut it or keep it a stock one

a cat is a cat, any have the potential to fuck shit up if they clog.

It’s still a federal fine to remove a cat or remove the contents of a cat, regardless if it is under 5K or not. If feds know it was you who did it, they will fine you. As long as it is there, they prolly wouldn’t bother you anyway.

That being said, mine has been gone for about 13 years now & I’ve never had any issues. It has been inspected/emissions by garages who don’t know me & nobody even gave me any hassle over it. Cat’s suck & the High flow cats are too much $$ (if you are buying 2 of them). As long as you “know” the person doing the emissions, you should be safe.

Here is some pics of the headers & the front of the new 3" exhaust on my truck. Someday, I’ll get finished exhaust pics. Many Thanks to Jay @ Hybrid for modifying the headers & doing the exhaust. Jay at domination built the x-member.

You don’t see no cats here…

It’s still a federal fine to remove a cat or remove the contents of a cat, regardless if it is under 5K or not. If feds know it was you who did it, they will fine you. As long as it is there, they prolly wouldn’t bother you anyway.

thats why i kept mine there instead of just gettin a off road pipe in there. i dont need to be tested for emissions but the stuff still is there to look like its all good.

loooks good tod…still waiting for my ride tho:squint:

soon enough, brother.

Dude that thing’s filthy underneath, why didn’t you wash/wax before taking pics??? :stick:

:rofl:

Emissions go by OBD now, it is the visual inspection u would have a problem with

go by OBD if they are OBD. soo my brothers nova must be plugged in now?!?!? :bowrofl:

OBDII which is 96+ uses the obdII port to check for emissions, all others still use the sniffer

correctomundo!

It’s a driver, not a show piece.