Stupid o2j...... Waiting for the I told you so from MK30R.

always so negative…

who is being negative? idiot, im saying good luck with all that, meaning i hope it works out for him. not the road i would take at all considering the cost of Raxles, the cuff and the associated headaches with trial and error.

different strokes for different folks

What route would you take?

The cuff fixes my lack of 5thgear issue, not having a replacement, it seems to erase the 3rd/4th gear spread & stripping issues so they say.

With only the high rpm shifting issues left to deal with. I have a stiffened up the stamped clutch fork so it wont flex and keep the clutch from disengauging. I am making solid endlinks for the shift cables and making a steel shift piece like apt does that replaces the flexy plastic one. That should help out the hard shifts alot.

And the WOT BOX will take care of the rest.

02M + diff = DONE. i sold my peloquined 02J for 1100$. O2M swap with the exception of the wheel bearings and CV boot kit was 1300 shipped.

i sold the stock 02m clutch for 150… 1150 now. and my clutch/fly was 800$

out of pocket expense : 850 for the full swap. headache free. i could have spent even less and done a upgraded pressure plate and disk and been fine for 400-450whp(325-375tq) and spent only 450 out of pocket

• 900 for a diff… in the end, if youre happy. awesome. but i hated my 02J experience
    i have the cnc’d cable bracket mounts, and i have the 42dd inserts. they make the shifter a little more solid, not bad for the cost.

I have an 020 still in the car if it would be any use to you. Make me an offer. It shifts completely fine.

You obviously do everything wrong!!! If I was you I would sell your car and buy one that Mk4 30R has or builds. That way you can rest easy because they are the only ones that will ever run right and drive consistent.

so little brother steps in to defend his brothers poor judgement when choosing parts. how cute.

/\ coming from the kiid with more CEL’s per mile than my Failetta racked up! :rofl

:rofl that didnt take long to figure out! hahah

Its all in good internet/tuner fun.

calling me an idiot thanks. since you’re always so positive and open to other ideas… dont you have a locked build thread to go moderate or something…

oh yeah, the IP address never lies. especially with a white ranger as a picture, missing the panels damaged in the joyride crash. i know how much of a headache it is dealing with thats transmission, which is why i tried to lead you away from messing with it.

yup sure do. obviously dont care to have you post in it. i add to it as i please and keep it clutter free. no need for sunday chat’s in a build thread

I hear ya on the tranny. His comment was more towards everything else that you seem to know about thats all. O2M > 02J /all further discussions. :tongue

dude i fogot you called me if you want to pick the motor brace up call me.

+rep

well, ive been playing 1.8t games for some time now. since about 2001, been in the VW game for longer than that.

I didn’t post to defend my brother, and you are right in the case of the transmission. Commenting on a waste of time shaving the engine bay with the W/A IC is not needed tho. I’m simply saying that in almost every single persons build, regardless of make, model, or anything you are always negative towards something someone does. No one builds a car to be like everyone else, but yet somehow when everyone else respects someone else’s hard work you seem to belittle anything you see as something you wouldn’t do. Thats all I am saying.

And in regards to that white ranger you saw missing body panels, yeah I f’d up and crashed it one night. Of which I took full responsibility for. I also received no money at all for the damage, and like many on shift I am in the process of rebuilding it from my hard earned money and time. I am looking forward to the post that says I used the wrong bags in my air ride setup, or maybe I should use a power window motor out of a Mk3 vw rather than a mk4 for my license plate actuator. Im sure there will be something good.

Smells like a bunch of butthurt in here

i didnt say his shaved bay was a waste. i said doing all that work, then filling it with a WAIC is a waste. you shave it to declutter, not to add things to it. i know what kind of work goes into it, a friend and i have a car sitting completely bare, now in primer, hundreds of hours into it. i repsect hard work and never said i didnt.

if i took the time to shave a mk4 bay, i certainly would do a stealthy approach to a intercooler setup where you so as little as possible.

The bay was shaved of all the shit that the ECU doesnt need. It wasnt intended on being a H2O winner, or top dawg in the MK4 VWhoretex fourm. I got rid of what i could to make it easier to get to and replace shit as it broke under the hood. The WAIC is there for a reason. and honestly It wont fit behind the bumper anywhere, and short of remote mounting it somewhere else (which would negate the benifits of short charge pipes) it just cant be done anywhere other than under the hood somewhere.

Further more, I tucked the wireing SOMEWHAT. again getting rid of wires I didnt need and moving as much out of the way that i could. If I were going for show winning work, I wouldnt have left the big bundle of wire coming out of the rain tray on the drivers side!

Its not like I cant take the critisism, because I can and do… in fact alot of the things people bring up I didnt realize and focus some attention on and fix at some point. All my brother is saying it it gets old hearing the same shit over, and over.