Well........

The tranny that JJ’s hooked me up is in. I noticed when the car shifts out of 3rd and 4th now it shifts at only 5400-5600 which I believe is stock shift points. The old tranny shifted at 6000 through every gear. Its the same pcm. Any idea why why the shift points are lower now. really low on gas I don’t know if it would retard the timing and make it shift sooner or not? It’s not a concern just wondering. Also I took it on a top end run and through 3rd&4th I was only getting 7-8 psi, which is really low. 8.1crew can you get modular pulley systems?

yep thats factory shift points. is that not controlled by the cpu???also did you old tranny have a stock convertor???

who makes them?

I thought that the shift points were controlled by the cpu. :dunno: . It should have unless the guy that had it before me did

www.Intense-racing.com www.zzperformance.com Are two of the vendors that sell them. I guess that you probally wouldn’t be able to get them cheaper cause there not vendors you deal with. :dunno: How that works. 3800performance.com may sell them if you deal with them…

the gtp can NEVER win… hehe…

so you guys finished it up afteri left huh? check for any kind of vacume leaks? check you boost guage for lower # vac…

as for atx’s… i know nothing about them

yeah I finished it las night at the garage we were there until 4:30 in the morning

Sell that 97 peice of junk and get a 99 or newer.With all the money your dumping into this one you could get yours back to stock,keep the old parts,clean it up,and sell it for a decent price!!! I don,t understand? :down:

y though?

it runs great… just needed a tranny solinod? but the fluid was nasty so he just got a 48k mile tranny for cheap and slapped it in…

you gotta understand something… this kids CHEAP. :doh: :cool:

if you want consistency, drive a slow, japanese car.

if you want a legitimate answer, you should probably post in the On-Topic or Domestic forum.

97s are faster hehehe

Whats wrong with the 97’s. I Haven’t had any problems except for this tranny in the 2 years I’ve had it. And my cars been raced alot.