The Everlasting "Who's going to LVD" Thread

staging brake. :number1

http://www.kenskustomchassis.com/Staging_Brakes.htm

i made a custom mounting bracket next to the shifter and cut the handle down a bit.

good job on the link.:thumbup

got any pics of the installation?

no…i found one cheaper

http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/Series-402-Hand-Brake-p-2176.html

whats wrong with your E brake? that’s all i have ever done

my car creeps up at the light

His ebrake locked up going down the track:rofl

yea it def didn’t go down completely so it was left clicked one or two notches. (my error)

If your car creeps at the light the clutch isnt fully disengaging, you shouldn’t NEED something to hold you car back from moving. This is only supose to help for preloading. Last time my car crept at the light it soon later blew the tranny…

it wasn’t so much of a creeping, but I was slowly moving. I only noticed it in the left lane, not in the right. I know it wasn’t clutch related because I was using anti-lag, so I would have been moving under power. This was more of a slow roll. It’s really not a priority right now, I’ve got other things that need my expenses before that :slight_smile:

Even a slow roll is bad, you don’t want the car to move at all. Trust me just adjust the master cylinder shaft that connects to the pedal out a little bit so you are actually pushin the clutch in further, engagement will be higher.

its not related to the drivetrain at all. It was more of the car being on an incline. I noticed it when I lined up at the tree. If it was a clutch problem, when I used the anti lag, it would have started moving the car, which it wasn’t.

Yeah, GermanPSI, why don’t you just shut up already

so what’d you end up running man?!?!?!

what preloading technique were you using?

you should be sitting at the line with the e brake up and just slightly dragging your clutch to take up any slack in your axles and load your rear suspension. if the car is moving all you have to do is push the clutch in that tiny bit but keep pressure on the axles.

this^

yea I think for the time being I’m just going to use tape or something to keep the button pushed in so I dont have the same dumbass driver error !

yea i think im going to do the same… you heading up sat? i think i might bring out my turd.