The new Porsche Cayenne killer?

I’m craving a poutine from Burger King…

You could forget about all of that… or you could buy a Cayenne Turbo, have all of the above, still be able to track it, out run 90% of the street cars you come across, and haul lumber back from the store. I have no problem with a multipurpose tool that does everything very well. Especially for someone who only occasionally needs something to haul stuff and wants something comfortable, fast, and doesn’t see the need to own an occasional use truck and a Super Saloon. Hell I’m getting rid of my M5 because I don’t drive it enough because I’m always hauling shit around in my truck. If it were not for the entry price I’d gladly considering a Cayenne Turbo having put a ton of mileage on them in the past. Your prejudice for multipurpose vehicles because Porsche “made an SUV” is really showing through.

If you want to talk about a pointless SUV we can debate the LM002 to wits end, and while pointless it’s also incredibly cool.

your the one that thought i was talking about your car

i said “a” g35

not solarian’s g35

and your the one with the lack of driving “skill” if you think a stock g35 is fun to drive

Pants - go away, you contribute nothing to this conversation. And you can try and play it off all you want, but you WERE talking to me, because I’m the only one in the thread with a G35 and you posted right after me. Stop being childish, anyone can see that was directed at me.

MPD - Let me tell you first and foremost why I can’t stand fast SUV’s. The Cayenne Turbo weighs 5192lbs. Why would you want to go fast in something that is that heavy and that tall? Just the thought of it is unpleasant to me.
In your specific scenario it may make sense to replace a domestic SUV and an aging M5 with a Cayenne, but I can point out a far better solution.
Replace them with an import SUV, such as a 4Runner, and a real sports car(Cayman S), not a super saloon.
My prejudice for multipurpose vehicles is never something I’ve tried to hide. I HATE multi purpose vehicles. I don’t even like fast sedans. I like single purpose vehicles. I loathe compromise. I’m really fond of my current car, but I still think it’s far too compromised. The car is not comfortable enough for many people. My mom’s back hurts when I drive her to the store, I can’t fit any of my friends in the back (they’re all 6’+). In terms of sport, it does still feel a bit too heavy, because I’m used to the weight of a 240.
Despite this, I still think that given that amount of money, I cannot think of another vehicle I would chose over it.
I can however, think of TWO, an S2000, and an older gen TL.
Even the best dual purpose vehicle, can be replaced by two vehicles that will be far superior to it in covering what you need. Even the current leader in multi purpose, the Caddy CTS-V could be replaced by a base C6 Vette and a nice Japanese sedan. The Vette would not be overburdened with the stupid amount of weight due to random crap that is in the CTS-V, and the Japanese sedan would have a softer, more comfortable suspension, it would be more reliable, better on gas, and serve the purpose of a daily much better.

To summarize, I believe there is not a single instance, when a multi purpose can do a better job than two specialized ones.

Where’s ahmed at?

yea really lol

Did you really just suggest I buy a 4Runner? rofl. Yes, let’s buy a pile of shit instead of a Cayenne. I’m sorry but your “I don’t like it… just… BECAUSE SUVS SHOULD NOT BE FAST” reasoning doesn’t hold much water.

Yea, I suggested you buy a 4Runner and a Cayman S. Are you really going to tell me that there is something that a Cayenne can do and a 4Runner can’t? And then follow it up by saying that a Cayman S is not an immeasurably better driver’s car than a Cayenne?

And it holds a lot of water if you stop to consider that I suggested you get a normal SUV, and a real sports car.
A 4Runner is a very well built truck, with an excellent drive train, and a friend of mine used one for many years both as a plow vehicle because he lived up north, as well as a tow vehicle for the trailer that he used to move around his 240SX race car. It will do everything that is required of an SUV just as well as a Cayenne can. The only ways in which it falls short is when you ask it to do pointless and unnecessary things. The type of things you can get a real sports car for.
Look:
Cayenne Turbo: $120,300 CAD
Cayman S: $77,500 CAD
4Runner V8 Limited: $48,810 CAD
Having a real sports car instead of a 5129lb truck: Priceless.

Jesus you’re ignorant.

And $50k on a 4Runner, wow, I’d rather walk to work. Granted, that’s more expensive than my truck which… hauls more, seats as many, has arguably better build quality, more power and is gasp faster.

and it dont got a hemi

Bwuahaha troof!

So, your whole counter argument has been based on the fact that the Cayenne is a better SUV than the much cheaper alternatives that I’ve presented. You’re doing a great job of ignoring the MAIN point that I’m trying to make here. Buying a less expensive, slower SUV, allows you to buy a REAL sports car. I don’t give a shit about SUV’s, they’re a necessary evil, a beast of burden. They just have to do their job, as cheaply and reliably as possible. I would never want to be in one when I don’t need to haul cargo or tow something. The point of getting the cheapest one that does the job, is so that you can spend the money where it matters, the sports car.
The Cayenne could be better than your truck or the 4Runner, or whatever the fuck else at being a truck. But it cannot even come close to the level of sportiness of a Cayman S. It’s just as laughable to me, as the comparison of the 4Runner to the Cayenne was to you. This is what I’m getting at. It fails miserably at being sporty, because it is huge, heavy and tall.

On a side note, I find it laughable that you would claim that a product by Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep, which is arguably the worst of all domestic auto makers, could even come close to Toyota’s quality.

so with the money we save, what REAL sports car shood we buy? Perhaps a G35 ?

So, you’re not just a douchebag, you’re an illiterate douchebag. I said in THREE posts exactly what sports car. Then again, I guess I could’ve easily determined the level of your literacy just by your writing, but at least now I know you can’t read as well.
Why the fuck are you still in this thread? Honestly, you have not contributed one word of value this whole time.

why are you on this site ? your just an idiot

Okay guys cool it.

It’s no use arguing over what car is better etc. As car guys we all know that it all comes down to personal preference. For example just because I love 1987 Buick Grand Nationals it doesn’t mean everyone else should too. We are all individuals and we have our own preferences our own taste and style and we live in a world that gives us choices, just because you choose a 240sx it doesn’t mean all the people that don’t have one are idiots or because other people have corvettes I should have one too.
People buy what suits their needs in practicality, style, budget and many other reasons.
There is no point in bashing people because they chose something different or because you see a car different then they do. So me a 1987 Buick Grand National might be the shit and my dream car since I was a little kid but to others A Grand National is just a GM with 80’s technology that is shaped like a box and it handle worth a shit but to me it’s my dream car. But then again others like Ford Mustangs personaly I hate mustangs but I understand other people love them and that is their choice.
I own a 1990 240sx and I love the pig nose, others hate it and they tell me to upgrade or even go with a s15 front end, personaly I like the flip up so I wouldn’t even go s15 but that’s my choice and how I like it and I don’t expect others to feel the same.

Anyway 2 words guys: Personal Preference!

/thread.

Your all missing the main point of why these “fast” SUV’s are made…They’re expensive…

If you make something that is expensive, the said people who can afford it will buy it…THATS IT!!!

There is no other reason why these expensive and fast SUV’s are made but to make the rich feel richer. 98% of them will only use it for a DD to the office which will only consist of bumper to bumper on the hiway.

Think about it, have a chat with someone who owns one. You’ll wish your ears were on fire so would’nt have to hear the utter trash coming from their mouths.

I worked at a car auction and have had the chance to drive the Cayenne turbo, tho it was a blast to drive, suited to me i would not buy one. MY OPPIONION. Tho for some odd reason i find a 1990 Toyota cressida on cut springs to be one of the best vehicles…faaak what am i doing in this thread.

wait, wut?

I have lots of friends with Cayenne Turbo’s and modded X5’s. Most of them are quite intelligent.