The OFFICIAL Gun Thread.

can you make my bow and arrow full auto?

I can picture someone shooting a muzzle full auto and then not being able to be seen from all the smoke lol.

Looking to pick up a Remington 700P MLR .338 soon, any negatives to this gun asides from cost of ammo?

.338 Lapua? I wouldn’t recommend moving up to that cartirdge unless you are proficient in shooting lesser cartridges. Otherwise you’re wasting ammo. .338 Lapua has earned confirmed kills of over a mile, and to the best of my knowledge, you won’t be seeing distances like that unless you’re overseas in the sandbox. I’d really recommend just going w/ .308 due to cost and efficiency. It’s an excellent round and can be used at any range around here and max out their longest range. I believe the longest confirmed kill is just over 800 meters with .308, so you won’t have any problem hitting a target at even 1,000 yards.

If you really wanna spend $7 a round, then be my guest, but there are plenty of other cheaper options that can do what you want. Even .300 WinMag would be a better choice and more cost effective, especially since it may become a NATO cartridge in the near future so there will begin to be surplus available.

I would have to agree with cossey if your just using it for target shooting then either .308 or even .223 would be great and cheap to shoot .308 is a dollar a round and up .223 50 cents and up or roll your own.

For .223, I pay around $.30 a round, and that’s on stripper clips. I also buy 900-1,000 rounds at a time.

For GOOD .308, expect around $1.50-1.75 a round. In one of my recent mags, they were shooting a short barreled .308 bolt action with the Hornady TAP in 155gr, and were doing 1/2 MOA 5-shot groups. The 168gr was hitting 3/4 MOA in 5-shot groups. You can usually find that ammo for $27-30 for a box of 20.

how much is .30-06 per round (usually)?

Typically I believe it is around .308 price, if not slightly more. I believe the bullet itself is the same, it’s just the casing that’s different. I may be wrong on that though.

Just finished my Ar. Its a yhm lower with a flat top bcm upper with pop ups till i decide which sight im getting. Ill get a picture sooner or later but its nothing special. Operates awesome. Even the trigger isn’t all that bad for being a 10 dollar parts kit trigger.

Anyone have an aftermarket trigger they would recommend. I was thinking trying the RRA two stage people give it good reviews and its not 300 bucks.

A terrible picture from iPhone, but here is my Mosin Nagant 91/30 with a lot of hours removing cosmoline, boiling, sanding, and refinishing.

Added a thicker recoil pad, which is $8 well spent! Might get the brassstacker mount for it and get a pistol scope. I was thinking about doing a turndown bolt and a repro scope, but that’s going to be too much money for a cheap gun. Brassstacker = install/remove without modifying anything for $50 shipped. So now I need to find a decent pistol scope for under $100. I can’t justify buying optics that are worth more than the gun… Well, this gun anyway.

Not spending 200+ on a scope, but I will break down and spend the $50 on the mount:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOmqUdhJm_8[/ame]

only while holding a shield is that acceptable. Or when you really wanna gat someone.

Someone sell me their ak(Jim or cossey), hoarders.

I have a Remington .260 but its the Model 7 not the 700. Don’t know if that will still work for you or not.

just got my barrel back from boxersix yesterday and put the pistol grip and forend on. Ebay guy gave me a free forend grip too, not sure if i like it or not though.

Looks pretty good for a gun ive got $110 into lol

http://i40.tinypic.com/29c2qhf.jpg

http://i44.tinypic.com/15i5cih.jpg

I have this bulgarian ak74, its ny compliant, might think about getting rid of to buy another pistol.

Dibs please. How much? What kind of pistol. Shoot me a pm if you really want tp get rid of it please.

If you feel like shooting ammo Lapua at about $120-$140 per box of 20 rounds, then yeah. .338 is my second favorite caliber next to .416B The standard brass though is fine.

Like Cossey said, only a good gun if you VERY proficient, have a true use for it, or are doing some large bore 1000yrd+ competitions.

Have you conidered a 7mm mag

.416 would be my first choice as well, but don’t have the bank roll for that setup lol. Never considered the 7mm, any suggestions?

Essentially it’s like a crossbreed of the .243(being a smaller 6mm bullet in a necked down .308 case). It’s loosely based off the .338 win mag, but has better ballistics with a longer boat tailed bullet. Hand loads can get into the mid 3500ft/sec range. Has one hell of a kick though as it’s basically packing the power charge of a 300 win mag into a smaller case with a lighter bullet(typically 160-175gr)

A friend of my fathers has An old remington in it that he specifically uses to hunt elk/caribou up north. If I were to buy one in that caliber though I’d probably go with a Browing A-bolt II LRH. VERY good rifle in that caliber for sub $1000.

Good to know, thanks man!! I really had my heart set on the .338 for its wow/cool factor, and its amazing ballistics, but it wouldn’t get used often.