The OFFICIAL Gun Thread.

post them when you get em… i dunno what that is!

Alright so I’m so down for this shooting extraviganza…

I haz no guns but will gladly give some monehz for ammo use

I havent been shooting since last time me jon and steve did in november?

I had a PTR for a while. It was ok but I didn’t like the fact that the bolt didn’t hold back when the mag was empty so I got rid of it. Now I don’t have a semi auto .308. I’m still trying to fill that position. Also, on the 98 Bravo, I’d pass on that one. I like the .338 lapua, but the gun is just too expensive for what you get. You can get a Sako TRG 42 for about 2000 less then a 98 Bravo. I can do everything the BORS system can do with my Iphone and it didn’t cost me 1400 bucks. If you want a Barret, get a 50bmg. At least then you can get surplus ammo for a decient price. Add a nightforce scope, and you have one badass setup.

Pick me up you can use mine

So the 98B deal I had going fell through, plus I was very indecisive about it. I now have my mind set on the Sig Sauer/Braser Tactical 2. It can be chambered in a .308 Winchester, .300 Winchester Mag, and .338 Lapua. I’ll be going with either the .308 or .300 mag. My only question is which one would be better for distance. The .300 Win Mag rounds I’ve been looking at are around $40-50 per 20 rounds and between 180-195 grain. The .308 Win are just a little bit cheaper, and around 160-175 grain. This confuses me as I always thought that the .308 would be bigger than the .300, but I’m guessing the .300 is longer?

Also, the .338 Lapua rounds are around $120 for 20 rounds. So the gun and ammo would be cheaper.

my buddy has a sig and i remember him saying that he wants to sell it, not sure what the exact model it is though, ill find out and pm you

Wow that ammo is pricey! I thought my Sabot slugs at $15 for 5 shells was expensive!

Could that be anymore expensive to shoot?

actually he sold the sig, sorry

I wouldn’t get it chambered in a .338 Lapua. I’d for .300 or .308, but I don’t know which one is better. I’m sorry it’s not as cheap as your 9mm S&W ammo lol.

Lapua FTW!

.40 actually, so there.

9mm is for girls.

Psh. .45 or bust.

fixed it for you :wink:

.300(300 weatherby) is a hunting round really. bit more grain, packs a nasty punch in the 3-600yd range. My dad has two 300’s single bolt action, and a double barrel breach. I’ve shot both of those guns and they’re a hard hit to the shoulder. there is a .300 Rxx cartridge that’s supposed to be good but I’ve never seen nor fired it. Something with different grain count and fast burn powder.

the .308 is the tried and true sniper round. Typically good for 7-800yds, after that it’ll start falling like a brick. People say it’s accurate to 1000yds but that’s REALLY dependent on the rifle and shooter and at that range inst going to have nearly the punch. If I had my choice though, .308 all the way. rounds can be found EVERYWHERE as it’s a standard NATO round, 7.62x51mm. I’ll go to garage sales and see misc .308 stuff for 50 cents a clip. I have all the crap here to reload .308 as well. Probably have 50lbs of clean brass here in the basement, dad likely has primers and rounds around here as well. 1/2 our rifles here shoot .308

You and I think alike in rifles Chris. that SIG is second on my list of small caliber rounds. I’m still looking at a used TAC 50 though :excited

FAIL

Hey guys let me know when you want to get together and shoot some big guns. I just picked up this sick tactical edition Remington .22, bolt action with 5-round clip and tasco scope. Shit is a legit tack driver at 30 yards.

I have like 5000 rounds too, I usually blow through a box of ammo in about a day, picked up some sweet spinner targets too. You know, the one with the chicken, sheep, and cow?

Absolutely fucking awesome Steve! :number1

:rofl

We have a spinner target with the circles too. It’s a heavy duty 1/4" steel one, but some we still managed to pop a 1/2" hole through it. I forgot what gun we used, AR maybe?

3030 at 25yds i believe