Watch Crew: What to buy?

Bump
Does anyone know the best price I can find online for Oris watches from an Authorized dealer. I already have an authorized dealer in Seattle willing to match any other dealer he said to just e-mail him the link. Let me know if you guys find anything. PS I have been looking but have to leave and go back to work :frowning:
This is the watch
http://www.worldlux.com/cgi-bin/navigate.cgi?&dept=WATCH&brand=ORIS&model=TT3%20Titan%20Carbon&item=63575887064MB&source=froogle_sponsor
Thanks

i am a watchmaker out of hamburg. i work on all types of watches, anything from vintage bulovas, hamiltons, etc all the way up to rolex and patek.

i can tell you right now that you cannot beat the technology of a quartz watch. The timing of a rolex must be within -2 and +6 seconds per day. the accuracy of a quarts watch is +/-12 seconds a YEAR.

If i were to recommend a watch, it would be a rolex, only because they hold their value, they are VERY simple to work on once youve been trained, and…its a rolex.

lol sweet? I want the watch I posted I just need to see if I can find it cheaper online for the store to price match when I pick it up Saturday.

i dont know of any oris dealers around this area, i can ask around and get back to you.

what area are you in?

edit: i read that wrong, im not sure of any sites that would have it cheaper. if you need anything else watch related, batteries, cleanings…anything, pm me, ill give you my store number/business hours.

Thanks I appreciate it man. I am in Seattle though.

Any way to check if something is real or fake? I got one from NYC for cheap and curious if its a knock off or stolen. Can I just bring it to a jeweler and ask them to take a look?

Its an automatic Panerai Luminor Marina 44 mm with the metal band. Its got the clear back so you can see the self winding that is branded with Panerai and everything. Pretty elaborate and solid for a cheap knock off so pretty curious.

It is a fake. Found 2 things that are missing tho.

http://www.capetownstore.com/images/ebay/22/CT22788/CT22788c.jpg

I found an incredible deal i’m not sure that I can pass up on this right now hmmmm.

I look for this watch for a while…seems hard to get. Killer watch!

oh by the way #1 or #2

My buddy got a Oris TT1 for $1200 but that was in Dubai. I would suspect that a company like Oris has strict pricing guidelines such that you are unliekly to find retailers discounting it publicly.

the kind of jewellers that sell Oris are not into “BLOW OUT SALE 50% OFF EVERYTHING” anyways… that is for Tissot, Bulova, Seiko, and Citizen dealers.

yeah, the see through back is a dead give away.

ehh no

that was a pic he pulled off a site, not the one he has…

Unless it is used, there is no such thing as a “deal” on a Hublot. Jean-Claude Biver has “strongly recommended” that all Hublot authorized dealers follow the standardized pricing structure set by Hublot. It is bullshit in my opinion, but the way that Hublot sees fit for their timepieces to be sold. God, I fucking love the Big Bangs! Soon enough…

I saw Joe’s Jaeger LeCoultre Reverso on Friday… SICK WATCH bro. What’s next? Patek, RM?

boxxa post pics

other dude who wants an HBB post/pm the link to the “deal” and i’ll verify authenticity

Ill snap some later. I noticed a few things missing from the pictures of the real one and I was told by a few people that the true quality fakers in China put the clear backs on fakes typically.I was pretty impressed with it tho for $40. Lol

if you paid $40, it’s fake.

Wrd. If he paid under $4000 it’s fake…

if you read in his description, he said it has a see through back. i dont know of any company that uses a see through back on a watch that has a dial on it. I know they make skeleton cases where you can see the entire movement but none with just a see through back.

that seems to be the general census. the see through back i guess is a giveaway in china that shows its fake. the internals are pretty sweet tho. im impressed with it for a knock off.