The OFFICIAL Gun Thread.

I think its retarded in concept and necessity but in design it’s still a rifle. It might not look like it “should”, but how it is uncomfortable. Unless the stock is too short or too long for the user it’s the same ergonomics as any other standard hunting rifle. I held one and it felt nothing different really than my deer rifle.

What is so retarded about its design and the utterly useless argument that a thumbhole stock or pistol grip somehow kills more people by their design… on that NY comp ar if they connected that 1/2" of air space behind the buffer tube and the lower part of the stock it would make it illegal. That blows my mind how that tiny little bit of air space makes it A-OK (and be a fixed stock).

"“A pistol grip helps you keep firing on a target,” she said. “Each characteristic has a specific battle component.” "

That’s a quote from an assemblywoman in the article. The world’s easiest counter to that statement. “Would you rather have someone in control of the weapon, keeping it on a safe target or someone struggling with the ergonomics of the weapon who can’t stay on target? It’s not a battle component, until it’s aimed at someone presenting you with resistance.”