We got our first Camaro SS in

its an everything car. take it to shows,DD it, take it to the track,cruise it to a show on sundays, take the family to church on sundays, take it to work on nice days, and in my case drive it everyday that the snow isnt in the forcast.

still a hater…just sayin

:finger:

Saying it’s not a sports car is agreeing with you? I never said it was one.

Well, snow is NEVER in the forecast for me so it is an EVERYDAY car out here. :wink: :naughty:

-TJ

:crying:

saying it’s too heavy… which in essence means under powered.

you dudes can talk all day about where you’re going to drive the car and park it… until someone buys one, its all hypothetical BS.

:rofl:

So a 135 is about 3400lbs and 300hp. That’s 11.33333 lbs/hp. A SS will be about 3800lbs and 426hp. That’s 8.92 lbs/hp. So what’s underpowered?

-TJ

oh snap there jeff95ta:itr41:

he will come back with… well he drives his and where is your new camaro.

My Camaro is probably in various bits and pieces all over the world (aka not built yet).

I am pretty serious about getting one since I just found out my IS is getting bought back on Lemon Law :itr41::itr41::itr41::itr41: but I still need to see the interior in person to see if I can get over it.

I’ll admit the car is not perfect. It is heavier than I’d like and the interior is pretty ugly in pics, I’m hoping it feels/looks a lot nicer behind the wheel.

-TJ

The car has been tested by a magazine with a 13.0 @ 110 mph 1/4 mile time. It weighs 3,849 lbs and has 426 hp and 420 ftlb tq…which is 9.04lbs/hp. I am sure once guys get it to the track they will dip into the 12’s bone stock…i guess that they “can’t blister out if it’s own way”? I know you don’t care if your 135i isnt as fast but it has 300 hp and weighs 3,373lbs…11.24lbs/hp…so I guess it is even more “underpowered” than the SS.

…not to mention the SS had a nurburgring lap time of 8:19…same as a M3 and a Audi RS6…and faster than a skyline gt-r…but yep your right it is a pig that can’t get out of it’s own way…

Now think the Z28 is coming out soon and it will have 556 hp…guess that will have barely enough power right?

and again, my car isn’t an overhyped marketed sports car!!! it’s an entry level coupe… realize what you are comparing and why agian??? where did I ever bring up my personal car VS this new camaro? NEVER… you did because it’s the best you got.

again, this is you trying to make the argument personal because you lost… get over it…

what motor is in the Z is it gonna be the ls7 or is it gonna be the motor that is in the cts-v? thats just retarded how much power that is… prob be over 50g’s id imagine close to 60

Same as the CTS-V…but from what I read the z28 is on hold now…money>gm

just LOL. i like vagina and beer. fuck cars.

that is the thing about it dics. I DON’T CARE. you are the magazine racer… i never brought my personal car into the conversation, you did. you can continue to circle jerk your nurburgring lap times to sleep at night knowing that some car that you read about in magazines is better than my daily driver :kekegay: :petty:

and shouldn’t an economy german coupe BE slower than a brand new hyped v8 muscle car??? :duh: dipshit

that would be great in the z28… i just hope it doesn’t weigh in at 5500lbs

on another note, i got to drive a new camaro yesterday. dealer had one just come in for a demo. i was the first one to take it out, had 2.8 miles on it. too bad it was a 2lt auto. the v6 doesnt feel that bad, but the weight of the car kills that motor.

and TJ, the interior isnt bad at all, everything is within fingertip reach and it is all nicely finished. i was kinda shocked with that since GM usually isnt too great in that dept.

Somehow I agree with this reasoning.

I think the Camaro is fugly, but it still looks better than a BMW 135. Regardless of how well it performs, it is not an inspiring car. The 335 is a sweet car, and far nicer than a 135. I know it is more $$, but if you are looking for the prestige of owning a German car, you are going to pay for it.

M-B cars are better German cars, anyway. A CLK63 is far cooler than an M3, anyday. More money, but cooler.

http://cdn-www.rsportscars.com/images/mercedes-benz/2008-mercedes-benz-clk-63-amg-black-series/clkblack08_061600.jpg

not a fan of the new look. interior kills it for me. but to each his own.

as for porsche-- a lot of people own them who cant nessecarily drive them. i know, i deal w/ them every day. hell, the factory plays w/ alignment specs so people dont kill themselves b/c they cant drive them or try to lift in a corner or brake when they shouldnt…put a good driver behind the wheel and thats when the car’s capabilities shine.

this car does not compare fit and finish wise to anything they ever made. one look at the interior tells me a well apointed vw has a nicer cabin.

will the camaro turn heads–yes. will it still have a nice presentation 10 years form now, that i doubt. one thing i will say about german cars, even older ones still give a nice presentation and are nto dated after their years. 20 yr old german cars look at home on the road today as they did when new.

the 4th gen and 1st gen camaro imo are the nicest camaro designs still to date. for the trans am, 2nd/4th gen trans am are the body styles i like most.

The new MB’s look great and have some pretty outrageous performance in the AMG’s and such, but there’s one problem… No manual transmission in any of them that come to America AFAIK.

:naughty:

Yeah, I agree, but they are still bad ass. I think I could actually deal with an auto in one of those Black Series cars :smiley: