whats the fastest you ever went in mph???

in the wrx hit 140 that was the last time i looked down stayed in it for a little longer may have hit 145-150 but not sure, had to start slowing due to catching up with traffic.

thats impressive for the grand prix. i remember my gt would have no problem getting to 100ish, but it had nothing after that. i wish i would have had the gtp, i would still probably own it. i love those cars.

165+ and still pulling extremely hard in 6th gear… wish I had the room to run it out!

We need to rent a smooth, high-banked race track some day.

First I am going to say that this was many years ago and I realize how stupid this stuff is. It isn’t keeping your own car under control and on the road as much as it is other people not being able to perceive that you are going triple the speed limit and pulling out in front of you. I no longer have much desire to drive fast on public roads.

The fastest I have ever gone is probably 150ish however that was on straight flat 4 lanes the really stupid part was some of the roads that I have gone 110-130 on.

Just because you can keep it under control and on the road going 110 on a 40 mph 2 lane at 1:00 in the afternoon doesn’t mean that they guy pulling out of his driveway or off a side road is going to be able to perceive that you are going 70 over the speed limit and will probably pull out in front of you. This is what I didn’t realize at 17-18, kinda scares me now.

140-150 and i was rolln next to a buddy who had a s2000 with mods to give me a top speed, since my speedo stopped at 100 like 3 years ago …it was def interesting at that speed thats for damn sure

how does everyones car handle and drive at your top speeds, in the eclipse it was like i was driving 65. so smooth, i loved that.

it was limited at like 115 and after i got the ECU, the limiter was removed. so i was curious to see how far the heads up display went… at 149 it got kinda scary and i let off.

ran really smooth all the way to about 140

ran mine was surprisingly smooth tooo…well as much as the road i did it on allowed

125ish in the GP
130ish in my old third gen. (not my smartest moment)

My car was designed with Autobahn speeds in mind. So you know it’s smooth like butta’.

:rofl:

well after an idiot moment of being sideways at 100+ mph with the brakes locked to avoid hitting a car that cut me off, i like to keep my speeds a few mph over the limits.

the whole non-ABS plus a high speed lockup sucked pretty bad. I ended up with really bad flat spots on my tires and had to replace all 4 tires. The worst part was they were barely worn.

Jimmy

yes I love my 240 with non-ABS (SARCASM!!!)
I had the 240 up to 110 or faster (speedo only goes to 110, and its off by at least 8mph as it is) only did that because a beamer was being a dick up 71N
on the north side of Columbus.

this threads got me sniffing like a coke head

105 before it started getting speed-sway.

on the ground, slightly over 200

what was that in?

murcielago, I was a passenger.

I don’t think the 06 Z06 can quite crack 200mph, fastest I ever got it to was like 185

same kid i went 178 in his talon, this is his jetta he owned last year. wasnt in the car for this run (where the pic was taken) but ive been up there in it before to that speed.

and yes… i think it was only once ive seen that car run without a CEL.
chipped 1.8t
http://myspace-491.vo.llnwd.net/00823/19/48/823668491_l.jpg