wtb: 50 trim turbo

What I meant is that yes, you can easily find a turbo for under 500.00 but is it going to last ?

How do you know that the previous person didnt beat the balls out of it/milage?

Is it really worth the hastle of doing it all over again due to picking up a cheap ass turbo?
I have learned from my mistakes that you shouldnt settle with that.Sometimes the easiest way isnt the right way.I would go direct from the company ex garrett and order it knowing that its in amazing shape.

But I guess thats just me.So goodluck and hope everything works out for you

We know you like to go through companies directly. Paying retail for AEM gauge…
A used turbo is PERFECTLY fine to buy if you can find a good one. You gotta look at shaft play, the wheels, inside the housings, etc… It’s a turbo, they’re supposed to get the balls beat out of them.

I bought my 30r for 700 bucks.

i’ve said it once in this thread and i’ll say it again… :rofl :slight_smile:

yawn dont get too full of yourself and actually read my posts next time.

*yawn* dont get too full of yourself and actually read my posts next time.

i said i dunno the price of the kind of turbz you are looking for and was just looking out for some random dude that i dont know (you), not knowing your experience with modding whipz and was letting you know that quality parts come at a price.

plz dont hurt my e-feelingz anymore

:number1[/QUOTE]

Well the kid said he’s looking for a 50-trim, and your homeboy LaDuke said he’s gotta pay at least $1k for a decent turbo of that size.

I’m assuming his budget is <$500 given he said that all of those were too much, and he doesn’t want ball bearing or new.

See, was that so hard? :smiley:

i know what im talking about “kid” and you are dumb if you think youre gonna get some “deal” on a turbo and have it last. eBay turbos are cheap for a reason. you want a good 50trim, buy a DBB 50trim, they are like 1200$ new. you want a GT series Garrett, they are 1350ish new.

you want a STANDARD journal bearing 50trim Garrett, they are about 700$

but i will warn you, the 50 trim’s from Garrett have been having problems with the thrust washers lately and have been failing prematurely… you want a good turbo, buy a Garrett GT- series

the garrett DBB program is Awesome. if you have a failure, as long as the CHRA is not completely destroyed, you can exchange it through an authorized vendor for a new CHRA, its 500$ much cheaper than buying a new GT 30 whatever, or 28rs/71r, 35r. i had my turbo replaced over the winter after 25k hard miles on my old 3071R, which resulted in a failure of the bearing cartridge casing.

so buy junk, burn oil, melt turbine wheels, or crack off blades on the compressor wheel, destroy your engine, or buy a quality part and not worry about it.

Thank you , thats what I was getting at !

Dude if you can look on ebay…

See if you can find yourself a used or even blown turbo on the cheap…

before you buy look how much a rebuild kit is for the turbo, or how much someone would charge to rebuild it such as Boxersix on here… I know he still has the ability to rebuild some turbos, im sure he could do a t3/t4

Anyways, anyways if you find a decent used one you may be in the clear for a week, a month or even a year… but plan on doing a rebuild.

Many turbos can be found and rebuilt for half the cost of their retail

Dependind on your mechanical ability and how careful you are it is possible to rebuild turbos yourself, its not recommended because it is possible to throw something off and completely fuck up the balance of the compressor wheels. A lot of people have rebuilt smaller T3s and T25s with great sucess im not sure if the same can be done with a bigger hybrid or BB turbo thou

Either way id see if Adam(boxersix) could rebuild the turbo your looking for

well shit why doesnt he just go and buy the billet 6262 because thats the new rage making good power.

idk what happened to this thread. it started as elmalouno wanting to give someone money in exchange for a 50 trim and now it turned into him taking misinformation and some high school bickering. if you feel that he cant get a good turbo for under 1000 bucks great for you its your opinion. remember though, opinions are like assholes and everyone has one and most of them stink, so keep that stinky shit out of this thread.

bump for anyone who has a 50 trim for sale

I know plenty of ppl who bought a used Garrett ran them for multiple seasons till they got bored and moved onto something else. But i guess they werent really “playing” cause they werent “paying” !!!111gtfo

lol

thread is hilarious.

No doubt, I dont see any problem buying a used turbo, just when using ebay or someone you dont know buyer beware because well people are douchebags and may sell you a turbo that seems to spin fine and they say is great but spits oil everywhere…

Shit people buy HX35’s off diesels with 100+kmi on them and run them sucessfully for a long ass time…

Just saying if its a turbo you plan on using for your build for qutie a long time just keep in the back of your head it may go bad someday and may need to be rebuilt

all these are are just free bumps, thats why i dont understand why people get reallll butthurt over “cluttering” for sale threads, any information that is relatively important will be in the first post and anything new should be added through edits and any person who has ANY intention of buying the thing f/s will PM the person… why the heck would you intentionally bring MORE attention to something you are trying to buy for as little as possibly (likely bargaining down the original price) by bringing the item to the top of the for sale list or the “New Posts” menu??

why would johnny-50 trim care what some “kramerbuttz” guy posts 5 posts away from the thread started by the dude who wants to buy his turbo???

just doesn’t make sense…

and there’s no “principle of the thing” or “respect” either, its just free bumps to the top and a little conversation :lol

yea great point there. thats probably why he was looking locally for the part from somebody with a reputation around here with vouches, or for people who can vouch for the part itself. I wouldnt trust buying something like a turbo off ebay either… nor would i buy a no name “ebay turbo” from china. But ppl saying if you dont spend at least a grand are just trying to justify their purchases and thats just unnecessary. Cool for them they have the money to spend $1300 on a turbo alone but other people have different priorities in life like supporting their family, buying/ maitaining a house, etc

Dude your looking for it in the wrong forum thats why.
there ya go. you dont have to spend over $1000 to find what your looking for. some people are talking out of their asses on here :eek3
http://www.homemadeturbo.com/forum/f4/f9/109333-fs-new-garrett-t3-t4-57-a.html

٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ __̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.

i dont have time for these chinese food mind games

Free bump

57trim suck.

and no one said you HAVE to spend 1000$ on a turbo, a new Garrett 50trim can be had for 6-700$ when they are that cheap, why buy used?