03 Tib GT, what do I need to know?

Took bro in law to look @ cars today. He fell in love with an 03 Tib GT ( :mamoru: )

The terms are right, after a little bargaining, and we should be picking it up tomorrow.

My question is, besides the basics, what do I need to know bout the car?

Common problems?
Common mods?
Recommended Tib enthusiast forums?
Etc…

This’ll be the first car that he’s really getting into, as far as auto x et al.

:ohnoes:

newtiburon.com

they respond VERY well to IHE… after that ripp modds SC

there are some decent suspensions for it…

be sure to get a LSD for a Sentra SER

no real problems with the V6 motor…

the 05 headlights and front bumper are a nice upgrade…

the infinity subwoofer is usually wired up stock out of phase, so flipping the two wires going into it will increase base

i was hoping you’d post. :tup:

[quote=“Nikuk”"]

My question is, besides the basics, what do I need to know bout the car?

[/quote]

besides being a chicks car?

lol

j/k

^, oh, i told him. not only that…

its purple.

with alum & purple wheels.

no, srsly.

hahaha

touche

it is slow and not a good winter car?

[quote=“Anonymity,post:7,topic:36012"”]

it is slow and not a good winter car?

[/quote]

hows that CRX coming?

:stuck_out_tongue:

:frowning:

stock 03 tib is ~150 whp / 150wtq. I was surprised. ~3100 lbs. not bad for what it is, and his first decent car.

He’s getting out of this http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17284&highlight=civic

is this car at a used car dealership on transit??

[quote=“Nikuk,post:8,topic:36012"”]

hows that CRX coming?

:stuck_out_tongue:

:frowning:

stock 03 tib is ~150 whp / 150wtq. I was surprised. ~3100 lbs. not bad for what it is, and his first decent car.

He’s getting out of this http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17284&highlight=civic

[/quote]

its 180 HP (well 173 using SAE)

oh and if you ever take off the brake rotors… for the love of god put antisiez ont eh hubs… otherwise EVERYTIME you take the rotors off youll have to use a sledge

[quote=“Viper966,post:10,topic:36012"”]

its 180 HP (well 173 using SAE)

oh and if you ever take off the brake rotors… for the love of god put antisiez ont eh hubs… otherwise EVERYTIME you take the rotors off youll have to use a sledge

[/quote]

good to know.

and, i was basing the numbers off of a few stock’ish dyno graphs posted on newtib.com. :shrug:

Its a well designed car. I like them

[quote=“Nikuk,post:11,topic:36012"”]

good to know.

and, i was basing the numbers off of a few stock’ish dyno graphs posted on newtib.com. :shrug:

[/quote]

my gf’s brothers car put down like 170ish @ the wheels with IHE which cost him less then 1k

For the price they are really not bad cars.

Yea, i was surprised, the interior & ride are better then i expected.

[quote=“Viper966,post:13,topic:36012"”]

my gf’s brothers car put down like 170ish @ the wheels with IHE which cost him less then 1k

[/quote]

IHE? No cams?

[quote=“layton108,post:9,topic:36012"”]

is this car at a used car dealership on transit??

[/quote]

yeppers. got any input?

[quote=“Nikuk,post:15,topic:36012"”]

IHE? No cams?
yeppers. got any input?

[/quote]

IHE only… ebay intake, ebay headers/carsound universal cats and ebay exhaust (although sold through the manufactueres real website)

[quote=“Viper966,post:2,topic:36012"”]

be sure to get a LSD for a Sentra SER

[/quote]

Really? It’s just a drop in? The Sentra trannys have different housings for the different diffs (buldge and no buldge), so the Tib has a buldge and open diff?

[quote=“fairgentleman Z,post:17,topic:36012"”]

Really? It’s just a drop in? The Sentra trannys have different housings for the different diffs (buldge and no buldge), so the Tib has a buldge and open diff?

[/quote]

the sentra SE-R (whatever generation brett had) and the tiburon V6 both use the same trans. the LSD was a direct swap…

http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/features/0301scc_hyundai_tiburon_v6/index.html

after doing some reading on new tib

the trans IS the same… but you need to swap the final drive and maybe the speedo gear ( i dont know i found a couple of threads but there seemed to be some bickering)

[quote=“Nikuk,post:15,topic:36012"”]

IHE? No cams?
yeppers. got any input?

[/quote]

yea the other day i stopped in there cuz i seen a 350z on there lot and i seen that poking out of the rear of the lot so i went and checked it out as well very clean looking on the inside and the body kits to make them look sick are endless plus great mpg’s id say it’d b a good buy. i kinda think it looks cool when the rims match the color of the car, depending on the rims but i think there a good match for the car

[quote=“layton108,post:19,topic:36012"”]

[/quote]

your profile:

Vehicles:02 jag s type ,97 stang gt ,95 conversion van, 80 928, 72 karman ghia, 94 caddy deville, 71 bradley gt, 93 ranger splash

:bloated:??