'08 Accord Coupe

What do you think of the '08 Accord coupes? I like them alot. Just wanted to know what you guys think.

I think they look pretty sharp. Alot of the new hondas are pretty nice looking

JC Turbo has one i believe. he seems to like it

I think they look pretty!

here is more detailed info:

http://www.vtec.net/articles/view-article?article_id=707800

I think they are a lot better looking than any of the coupes since like 2002. I would definitely consider one for my next car, but that won’t be for a while since mine is only like 6 months old.

mom is going to be getting on come spring time the lease is up on her pilot then

Too big and too heavy imho. The sedan is actually classified as a full sized car now! The coupe is only marginally smaller.

if you just need to get from a-b I guess it will suffice.
like most cars they just keep getting bigger, and heavier as they add new junk to them. honda has been one of the worst so bad so that they had to make a new piece of crap to fill the void created by making the civic the size the accord used to be.

Shit man the Fit, Civic Si, and the S2K are the best cars Honda has out right now imho. back in the day I had an '83 Prelude that was just awesome. It was the first Honda to feature 4 wheel independent suspension. I bought her in '94 with 166k and ran her to '02 and abandoned her poor rusted body on Braddock Ave with 225k when I moved lol. I was a honda guy before I switched sides to Nissan in '99 when I bought my first SR20 powered car. Too bad all the new Nissan small cars have been lame since 2000. :frowning: I prefer most 1990-2000 japanese cars to 90% of what they are putting out today.

the s2k is one of the only new cars I would buy without feeling like I bought something inferior.

I wouldn’t rock a fit even if I was paid to, and the civic weighs 2900lbs thats just way too heavy for a FWD.

I barely even know what cars nissan makes now I guess they really suck

well you know whats funny about that statement the quote on quote ultimate fwd car the itr only weights like 200 lbs less then the new si and it has almost identical 1/4 and slalom times

yes i wont argue my si is a pig but with all the creature comforts it is a modern day itr with every possible option and safety feature

Year 2001
Manufacturer Acura
Model Integra
Trim Type-R
Body Type Coupe
Base MSRP $24,450 USD
Curb Weight 2,822 lbs.

Engine / Transmission
Type 1.8 Liter VTEC
Cylinders 4
Horsepower 195 @ 8000 RPM
Torque 130 @ 7500 RPM
Redline 8400 RPM
Drive Train Front Engine / FWD
Gear Type 5-Speed Manual

Performance
0-60 mph 6.53 sec
0-100 mph 17.57 sec
¼ Mile 15.24 @ 93.74 mph
Top Speed 135 mph
Gas Mileage 25 MPG City / 30 MPG Highway

Model Year: 2006
Make: Honda
Model: Civic
Style: Si
Base Price: $20,600 (est.)
Price as Tested: $22,600 (est.)
Drive Type: Front-wheel drive
Transmission Type: 6-speed manual
Engine Type: Inline-4
Displacement (cc / cu-in): 2.0
Horsepower (hp @ rpm): 197 @ 7,800
Torque (lb-ft @ rpm): 139 @ 6,200
Brake Type (front): ventilated front disc/solid rear disc w/ ABS
Steering System: Electric, speed-sensitive rack-and-pinion
Suspension Type (front): Independent MacPherson strut w/ 28mm stabilizer bar
Suspension Type (rear): Independent double-wishbone w/ 17mm stabilizer bar
Tire Size (front): 215/45R17 high-performance summer tires
Tire Size (rear): 215/45R17 high-performance summer tires
Tire Brand: Michelin
Tire Model: Pilot Exalto PE2
Manufacturer Curb Weight (lb): 2,877
Recommended Fuel: Premium Unleaded
Fuel Tank Capacity (gal): 13.2
EPA Fuel Economy (mpg): 22 City 31 Highway
Edmunds Observed (mpg): 25.5

Conditions for Testing Top
Temperature (Fahrenheit): N/A
Humidity: N/A
Elevation (ft): N/A
Wind: N/A

Performance Top
0 - 30 (sec): 2.9
0 - 45 (sec): 4.8
0 - 60 (sec): 7.2
0 - 75 (sec): 10.1
1/4 Mile (sec @ mph): 15.1 @ 93.8
30 - 0 (ft): 31.4
60 - 0 (ft): 122.7
Braking Rating (Excellent, Good, Average, Poor or Very Poor): Good
Slalom (mph): 67.80
Skid Pad Lateral acceleration (g): .84

thats funny my type r used to consistently run 14.7 totally stock and I believe it weighed 200 lbs less that stated in your stats. I also went about an eight of an inch past the last marking on the spedo which I would estimate it at 152 though that could be optimistic, but all the stats I seen said 140+

just the other day in my nearly stock 91 se-r I hung with (would have beaten if I launched better) some spikey haired prick in a black farting 06 si. this was all the way until he gave up at the top of third gear. but he had nothing on me at all

looks around to make sure other domestic people aren’t reading

I actually like them… as a DD though…

the 14.7 i think that is more a driver thing cause there have been some stock si’s running that also and then there have been some that only run in the 15’s

top speed i couldn’t tell you i had it to 110 once and that was fast enough for me

also were you sure it was an si cause ive seen a couple that are just ex’s with si wheels and spoiler’s on them im not saying i doubt you just be sure it was really an si

I’m not the greatest drag racer, and it was hard to do much worse than a 14.8 in the type-r. whatever the source was its a bad one.

the kid didn’t open his hood for me, but when I pulled up it had the little red si badge and the correct spoiler. in all fairness he did have a passenger, but I would like to think if it was just an EX I would have smoked him