1985 FC3S

Up for grabs is my buddies 1985 RX-7 FC3S non-turbo. The chassis itself has 150’000km on it and the engine was rebuilt professionally 20’000km ago. The frame on this car is absolutely mint and has been undercoated it’s whole life along with this, this is the first bit of winter this car has seen. There is some surface rust on the chassis, but nothing too major and nothing thats not just normal on a car. The car has been owned by an AST most of it’s life and has had a new clutch and exhaust put on it 2’000km ago. Along with this, it has brand new winter tires on it. The car comes with completely original interior and OEM 15" rims. Car is emission and exempt and since the motor is essentially brand new, a perfect turbo candidate. He is asking $6500 but is fairly flexible, car comes certified as well, reason he is selling is he needs a 4x4 for winter.

Edit: You can reach me any time at (416) 930-0265, the name is Chris by the way.

Your friend is out to lunch on the value of this car. Do a quick search and you can find a clean TII for the same price if not a little cheaper.

rx7club.com

if he parts it out, ill take the5 lug hubs right away.

Okay and at the same time, this motor will be more reliable than the TII even when turbo’d because the motor only has 20’000km on it. This car is a perfect car for a turbo swap, but thanks for the bump.

It makes more sense to do a turbo swap like you just mentioned rather then turboing the car because the motor is new like you implied in your original post.

For those of you who dont know RX7’s the GXL is as close as you can get to the turbo version without actually being a turbo version. It comes with the same brakes, 5bolt, along with a bunch of other little stuff.

The turbo car has a stronger drivetrain though…and the motor is lower compression to allow for the turbo setup…

Nice cars…

I wont comment on price though

Thanks Krazy, yeah the front brakes are essentially a big brake kit, the car does fly and it’s as close to unmolested as possible, the only thing he has done to it is add a dynamax exhaust system and an after martker clutch. Engine really pulls strong, personally I have always loved the FC, and I feel this price is a tad bit high that he is asking, but I have not seen one in this condition before. But thanks for the free bump. By any chance do you know the owner Krazy? PM me.

i forgot to ask. what colour is the interior?

they’re almost identical to Z32 brakes. they’re both made by sumitomo. i’m fairly sure the pads fit between the two brakes, they look identical. the caliper mounting points on the FC are further apart so they don’t fit nissans.

Interior is the reddish brown leather one, it’s in good shape, just the typical wear and tear of driving, thanks for the help simplemind.

Nope dont know the owner but have owned multiple fc’s…

Ahh true, cuz he knows a guy with a GT-R and 240sx so I put two and two together but none the less, thanks for the help.

Quick Correction, car is an 86-87 model.

bump, $6000

Xmas bump.

Now accepting $4000.