1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS - $3,800

Hi all,

Up for sale is our 1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS. This car was mine a couple years ago, and I sold it to my dad about 1.5 years ago. Been with us maybe 2-2.5 years overall. Reason for selling is that my dad is very sick, and can no longer get in/out of the car very easily…going to get him a Civic…

Re. the specs./details:

Factory original grey paint (very nice overall)
Factory black/grey interior (incredible shape, near flawless)
108,XXX miles (this will ever so slowly increase until it’s sold)
5-speed manual transmission (shifts perfect)

Maintenance (all done in the last 5K miles):

New fluids
New tires
New wipers
New intake/header/exhaust

Upgrades/Modifications:

Full suspension, lowered on Intrax springs, Tokico shocks, plus wheels
AEM cold air intake
SS header with full Eclipse GSX exhaust
Brand new JVC head unit with upgraded speakers (did it when I bought the car)

Otherwise, all stock!

Exterior: Very, very nice overall. As mentioned, the paint is all original. I think you’d be hard pressed to find another 15 year old Eclipse with original paint this nice. This cars has no rust to speak of at all, which is nearly impossible to find these days. It is equally clean underneath. Aside from that, there are your typical little scratches and dings here and there. But overall, nothing to detract from the car, in my eyes. It really shows quite nice.

Interior: It is more or less mint. When I bought the car, I removed the interior and shampoo’ed the seats/carpets, de-greased/conditioned the plastics, and just overall cleaned it thoroughly. The only thing I did not remove was the dashboard itself, but I didn’t have to as I was able to get the compressor nozzle in all the crevices and blow the dust out that way. Before re-assembling everything, I washed the chassis floor and made sure that it was free of any dust/debris. It is like sitting a in a brand new '98 Eclipse all over again. It really is a spectacular interior.

Engine/trans.: Runs, and drives exactly as it should. Not much to say here. Does not burn any noticeable amounts of oil. Trans. shifts great, no grinds or any funny business at all. We have done nothing but fluid changes in our tenure of ownership. Car has done trips to NYC more times than I remember…never an issue…

I’ve done my best to describe the car here. Keep in mind please, this is a 15 year old car. It can be nit-picked. I am not going to do that. And I won’t let anyone else do it either. It is in spectacular shape for what it is, and is a whole lot of car, for not a lot of money at all. I have full confidence in this car, and would step into it today and drive it anywhere without hesitation. We will def. miss it, that’s for sure.

Please PM for serious inquiries. I will have no problem putting the car on my lift for anyone to inspect as they see fit. I will also have it fully detailed for the new owner, exterior/interior/engine bay. We’d like it to go to a good home.

Photos:

Go fuck yourself.

^ Can’t argue with that.

I personally worked on this car and I can vouch it. VERY clean and runs great.

Great Price for a nice DD. GLWS.

Thanks Luke. The car is now on CL as well: http://buffalo.craigslist.org/cto/3527713524.html

Best response ever to a pure stupid lowball. Good luck sir, certainly looks like a very nice car!

Man, this would be a nice DD to replace the Prizm. Good luck, Joe.

^ The headliner is factory on this though…

Ha, thanks. Will be looking to move this ASAP, so if anyone is interested, shoot me a PM. Car will be getting a full detail soon…

LOL @ Hazy, he did the same thing in the Explorer thread, and yet he cannot price out his factory rims at a reasonable price.

GLWS Joe. For a turd, this one looks great.

Bump. Also, just rotated the tires, only to find the front brakes are a bit low. I will be putting brand new brakes on this next week for the new owner…same price…

Bump…brakes going on tonight, plus a couple people coming to have a looksee tomorrow…

Always loved these
Glws man!

haha exactly.

:cheers: & :bump:
For a legit guy who takes care of his vehicles!

Thanks guys…

As of last night - New brakes are now on, tires rotated, car detailed…looking and driving great…

Got some people sch. to come see it tonight, if anyone is still interested, please pm me soon!

Car looks great! Wish I had cash and extra room lol. Bump! GLWS :slight_smile:

PM’ed…

Didnt see this before. Really? Would you get mad if I offered $5,000 for your WRX?

Lots of interest, but mostly from CL dickbags, who never show…car is still available…