2001 Mazda Protege MP3

As much as I like this car and enjoy every time I get to drive it I really hate making a car payment so I’m looking to sell it or maybe trade.

So the car, 2001 Mazda Protege MP3, 1 of 250 sold in Canada.
Car is a special edition car that was tuned by Racing Beat so it have beefy Racing Beat sway bars, Tokico HP struts and my own upgrade of Ground Control coilover sleeves, Racing Beat SS rear exhaust section…nice sounding. Also 17" Racing Hart wheels that I have painted gold, kick ass Kenwood factory stereo system will all their best stuff from back in 2001 incl sub. Power is 140hp and 130lb/ft. The car is a blast to drive, I can get the back end to step out easily with some throttle lift, the steering is super quick too making the car feel really light and nimble.

New parts:
All new brakes summer 2006, slotted/xdrilled and plated rotors, new calipers front and rear painted gold, KVR carbon pads.
newer alternator (1yr old)
new battery
rust proofed when I got it fall 2005 and resprayed myself before this winter.
includes 4 winter tires on 15" rims, tires have lots of tread left.
Also there is a Sirius satellite receiver installed that I may include if interested.
Edit: new timing belt, tensioner, etc at 105,000km

I bought the car in August 2005 with 104,000km on it, was used as a commuter for a couple in Ottawa, since then I have used only Mobil 1, AMSOIL oil and babied the car like I do with all my cars. Now the car has just over 160,000km, and 70% of those km’s are highway…80km a day highway, lots of trips to Montreal and Peterborough and even Florida. Don’t let the high km’s scare you.

I owe $11,400 on the car and just want to get that or close to that back, or trade for a 96-00 Civic 4dr or Acura 1.6el +cash. I’m only selling it so that I can save some money and lower my debt load, if it wasn’t for that I would keep the car.

here are some pics

sorry the hid lights are gone, stock ones back on

older pic

PM me if you are interested.

ive driven one of these cars a few times and despite being underpowered, they are an absolute hoot to toss around.

deffinatly a good buy.

GT

I will admit it is underpowered, but the handling makes up for it. All you need is a turbo and bam!, you got power.

For those that don’t know this car is exactly the same as the Mazdaspeed Protege minus the Callaway turbo and other minor cosmetic changes such as rims and stiching in the seats.