2001 Volkswagen Jetta 1.8T

The time has come as I am looking to upgrade…

Basic Info
2001 Volkswagen Jetta
1.8T GLS
Dark Blue
133xxx Miles
5 Speed Manual
Clear Title

Updated Price 1/10/11

Additional Info:
Koni Yellow Shocks
HR Race Springs
Rear HR Sway Bar
Four Motion Front Lip
3" APR Downpipe with Hi-Flow Cat to 2.5" APR Exhaust
OC.T Custom Tune 93 Octane
ECS Rave N75
Samco Turbo Inlet Pipe w/ AEM Filter
GLI Rear Valence
Aluminum Intercooler Piping instead of Plastic
Stainless Steel Oil Return Line
2 Sets of Rims and Tires
-Rex8 VW OEM w/ Summer tires about %50 Tread
-S4 Fakeouts w/ Snows (Installed at Swerve)
Monsoon Audio - Probably the best stock audio I have ever heard.
Plasti-Dip Rub Strips
Windows tinted all the way around, not sure on %
Red tailights

Recent Maintenance w/ Reciepts:
Brand New Coil Packs, Brand New Key Fob - Dealer
New MAF,Spark Plugs, Coolant Temp Sensor - BlackForest
Front End Alignment - Licatas

Recent Maintenance w/o Reciepts:
Oil Change
Inspection 11/10
New o2 Sensor

The Bad:
2 Small spots of Rust

• First is near the Passenger Front Wheel Well
  • Driver side door sill
  • CEL is currently on (waiting for an O2 Spacer to come in, code will be cleared once installed)
  • One of the Summer Rims has bad curbage.
    -Good size dent in rear quarter.

My Asking Price is 3900 OBO w/ both sets of rims and a few other parts I have kicking around including an APR Stage 1 ECU. Car will be getting a detail and oil change before being sold.

This car is awesome in the snow, I have not gotten stuck once, or even close for that matter. It is fairly quick for what it is and has been an enjoyable car to drive to Rochester, Syracuse and Ohio many times.

http://i56.tinypic.com/2z50m02.jpg

http://i56.tinypic.com/u4w1v.jpg

Short Pull CLICK HERE
Video was shot in late September for a potential buyer 2nd Gear 3k RPM to 3rd 5k Whistling is from wind coming through window.

PIC WITH WINTER RIMS TOMORROW

716-998-1650
collyn.christian@yahoo.com

-Collyn

This car also had a fresh respray 2 summers ago! GLWS

Thanks

Solid car. is this Mike.Mikes old car? I think I cleared codes back then man oh man, I’ve seen this car too much…
Deffinitly VERY pretty in person.

Any idea when the TB was replaced last?

:tup: my old cars twin.

GLWS dude, this thing has definitely had it fair share of issues but it’s been combed over with a fine brush, whoever buys this will have a solid VW.

BadNewsMike, recently recieved confirmation that the timing belt was done, currently waiting on apprx. mileage. also the water pump was dealer replaced around 70k based on the carfax, let me see if I can dig it up in my emails.

thanks motocross, no more confusing us lol

I can forward a carfax to anyone from June of this year.

Half passed hammed =D just ordered new pads and rotors all the way around. CEL will be taken care of. I have put a lot of money into this car and the new owner should have nothing but oil changes and tire rotations. Shoot me an offer!

pretty interested after my taxes come in. hard to tell by the pic but can that dent be pulled out to look better? or does it need the panel to be replaced

can be poped out, I would almost see if there was a way threw the trunk to push it back out… no paint damage, its hardly noticeable unless you know its there.

ok its tough to tell. in the one side pic it looks real bad then the head on shot of the dent you can hardly see it. well if you still have this on a few weeks ill really start asking questions. if not on my quest to buy a TDI

Hey that dub looks familiar… This car is a blast to drive and pulls really nice! GLWS!

(btw there is NO WAY that dent in the quarter can be “popped out” it needs to be repaired correctly)

not pulled out perfect i can see its on a seame just enough to form back out a little without chipping paint

trade me!! :slight_smile:

^ haha good one mike. This seems like a good ass deal for what it is. That dents a bastard but lil work this will be primo.bump for a dubber I sure do miss mine.

Fu mike this will be mine.

mansedan!!!

Are these cars really as unreliable as everyone says?

no. they just have stupid little things that go wrong from time to time that everyone makes a big deal about.

ive owned countless vws and they all seem to be fine but when you buy one that was ridden hard and put away wet there are going to be some issues to be expected.

from what i see the car seems to have been sorted out and should be pretty solid now…

GLWS…bump for a good guy

agreed, my 161k mile 1.8t has a bunch of annoying problems but nothing that stops it from driving.

If I had an extra 1k laying around and some free time I could fix it all 100%

car hasent left me stranded once so far