2002 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport Wagon $3300/obo

http://buffalo.craigslist.org/cto/3201731303.html

It’s my car, call/text me, Live in Buffalo but regularly drive to Syracuse. Looking to sell to get a more luxury car, DEFINITELY interested in any Acura CL/TL or Infiniti I30-I35 models. Thanks!

Text or Call me as I work a lot and won’t always be on here, thanks again.

PRICE DROP!!! $2700/OBO CASH TALKS!
>>>>>>>>>>716-335-2067<<<<<<<<<<

I saw this on CL but didn’t reply yet. What does it need?
Thanks

Needs 2cm crack in exhaust welded at the o2 sensor bung that’s triggering my p0420 code, runs amazing though I’ve replaced many new parts. Call/text if your interested.

Did someone try to bondo the rear quarters and paint over it? Do you know how much bondo is in them, like was it rotted through and filled or were pieces of metal put in with a little bondo?

Miles?

Whats up with the altoids tin?

Judging by how hacked that looks just from the pics, I would say rotted through and poorly patched up w/ major bondo or side swiped because the chunks out of the door show bondo work too

Hot damn. Would be a good vehicle if repaired correctly.

P0420 means it needs cats, not an o2 sensor bung (former Subaru tech)

or you can just do a 02 spacer on the sensor so it will pass inspections and not care on a car this old.

Guys I thought I said text me I don’t check on here very often haha. Ok to answer your questions:

1: this is a ny car ofcourse theres rust. Rear arch on passenger side was rotted yep, cut the rust out, por15 treated the bare metal, patched it with zinc plated galvanized steel mesh, then fiberglass filler, then bondo, then glazing putty then primer then paint. Not perfect but looks better than ugly rust that would just get worse. I have pics of the whole process on my iPad, from rusty before, to current with all steps between. As I said didn’t touch the passenger door since these cars are common enough that you can just replace it with less work.

2:Altoids tin houses the electronic o2 simulator from Suprock Technologies, look them up, they make legit electronic o2 sims that actually work, the car they use for the video tutorial is actually an 02 WRX so you KNOW it works. I routed the rear o2 sensor wire into the engine bay, spliced it into the circuit, then mounted it inside the tin on a bed of silicone for insulation, all wired up good no hack job. If the tin bothers you just tape it off and spray it black.

3:P0420 CAN be for bad cats but as we know it’s a bit of a “who knows” code. But as I said I have the o2 simulator wired perfectly and when I connect my scanner to the car it shows the catalyst inspection monitor as OK so it’s not the cat, in fact ALL the inspection monitors pass, no pending or failed monitors, the chip is doing it’s job, only reason I have the front cat still is because it has the front o2 bung and I don’t want to bring it to a shop to get a straight pipe with bung put in, you CAN run catless though, P0420 can also be caused by a bad front o2 sensor brand new so that’s not it or from an exhaust leak PRE cats, and since I have numerous little pinhole/gasket leaks up front plus that cracked weld, common sense indicates that’s the culprit.

3: Car currently has 209k and will change as I drive this everyday to work and regularly between Syracuse and Buffalo. Put some tape over the odo and you’d seriously think the car had 100k less no joke there.

I’m trying to be honest about everything here, yeah the body isn’t perfect by no means but hey like I said it’s not a show car but it sure is reliable, PLEASE contact me through my cell versus here as I don’t check this as often since I work a lot, text or call my phone which I have 24/7 and you will get an immediate reply.

PRICE DROP!! I’m very motivated to sell as I really have lost interest in a 5spd “modding” type of car and I really just want a simple auto daily driver, maybe with leather etc, so if you have a acura/infiniti etc let me know. Thanks guys.

716-335-2067

Would be a solid winter vehicle and you’re very detailed !

Hell yeah! Thanks