2012 Dodge Charger SRT-8

its not horrible. first impression was gtr, the Evo post makes a good point tho.

its still an improvement over the current design

Funny everyone says it looks like an Evo or GTR, it still resembles the 06 which came out before those cars… I think they could have done better tho, should have made it a 2-door!

I think it looks beefy and just needs the right color. The biggest downfall is the HORRIBLE transmission (should have a 7 or 8 speed auto) and crappy quality interior.

That swoop in the driver door looks horrible.

it was good in the 60’s and into the 70’s, and like most things- it didnt last forever. post 1973 american cars still at the bottem of my list. ( excluding the vette )

What a hackjob. I’m sure a lot was lost from the designers to production. I’d love to see what they really designed.

If it is anything like the existing SRT8 cars… it will have a 6speed. I think they are commenting on the new automatic instead of the manual, which is left unchanged.

Not sure what shitty interior you’re referring to… SRT8s have always gotten high marks for their interiors, especially the seats, and the late models are much better than the initial SRT8s.

I personally don’t like it, but I’m betting it will be offered with a manual transmission, and the interior will be great like it has always been.

This car should be a two door maybe it would look better.
http://cache.pakwheels.com/forums/2006/10/12/1_3TL_PakWheels(com).jpg

everyone in this thread would whip this shit around, fuck off haters

Exactly- I have to concur with Jack above. Most of the SRT-8’s are offered in 6-speeds, and the ones that arent have NICE automatics by comparison. There is a new batch of 7-speed autos coming out as well, and my bet is that it WILL have it, as well as a 6-speed TR-6060 option.

And WTF is wrong with the interior? The SRT’s have always had very well laid out functional interiors, as well as AWESOME seats… and the new generation 2011-2012 DCJ product lines have AWESOME interiors. If you say otherwise, then you obviously havent seen them in person. I already test driven the new Jeep as well as the new Charger, and will be trying the new 300 as soon as one arrives. Needless to say, I am VERY impressed, and already have a standing offer to buy the first 2012 Jeep SRT-8 that the dealer can get their hands on.

Have you even seen the new dodge/jeep line up yet to judge the interior? Let me be the first to say i leased an 08 avenger while very reliable decent mpg/etc the interior was TERRIBLE, every thing was hard plastic and poor fitment. Now the new line-up is leaps and bounds from that! When i sat in the charger r/t and the jeep grand cherokee overland at the autoshow i was truly blown away! Take a look for your self.

I like it. The interior has been improved a lot as well. Fiat management was pretty much disgusted with Chrysler’s rental car feel and is putting lots of money in to the interior of future models. Also read in Motor Trend that a better transmission is on the way for 2013. Probably another auto, but stronger. I thought the only SRT-8 model to offer a manual was the Challenger?

Was… rumor has it the Charger may follow. Jeep/300/Durango… highly unlikely.

2011 Dodge Charger R/T hits the dyno - Autoblog

2011 Dodge Charger

Lift the hood of a 2011 Dodge Charger R/T and you’ll find a powerful 5.7-liter Hemi V8 engine bursting at the seams. It’s a joyous site that gets better when armed with the knowledge of the Hemi’s prodigious power – 370 horsepower and 395 pound-feet of torque, to be exact.

But just how accurate are those numbers? The folks over at Inside Line put the Charger R/T to the test on their dyno, and it appears Chrysler may be underplaying its hand. Tests by Inside Line show that the Charger R/T sends 360 hp to the rear wheels at 5,300 RPM, with torque peaking at 393 lb-ft at 4,260 RPM. When you consider that the average drivetrain accounts for a 10 to 15 percent power reduction before its all sent to the wheels, you’re looking at a powertrain with a lot more bite than the company brochure cares to admit. Head over to Inside Line to see the official horsepower and torque map.

I think with the swoop taked out of the doors, and the front end all body color, it would be FAR better looking. I REALLY like the rear view!

no way… those are the defining features that stop the car from being 100% lame.

I think it looks pretty bad ass…
I really like what Dodge has to offer, the SRT Chargers, Challengers, Magnums, The Ram division trucks, and even hope Fiat gets a version of the 500 over here.

I like that look as this, retro meets new school.

I can see the cracked control arm bushings from here.

I think they could of made it look better, think if they went retro it would be better. I think it’s awesome that it is underrated hp wise