240sx tweed removal

Has anyone tried removing the tweed on the door panels/glovebox?

I ripped mine off the glovebox then took a wire brush and got all the goop/glue off then spray painted it black. Its not soft to the touch but it isnt really hard either. It matches the dash pretty good. I’ll get a pic tomorrow if you would like to see it. I also got a black material to cover the door panels and sprayed it with 3M adhesive then stuck the fabric on. It looked good for the first couple weeks but it has since come away from the backing a little bit, and needs to be touched up.

Yea i’d like to see a pic of it if it isn’t too much trouble.
I would love to have something done similar to Ab-Flug’s (without spending the $180 USD for the set). If i rip the tweed off, fill the holes with some kinda filler and get them painted and a few layers of clearcoat i wonder how that would come out?
Here is a pic of the Ab-Flug set:
http://www.ab-flug.co.jp/abflug_shop/item_img/0030140001.jpg

I really dont think you could paint in very well, as far as I can recall is a flexible plastic that has a texture to it, so you wouldnt be able to get that kind of look.

What if they were covered in a fiberglass resin? I know i’m reachin but i think the doors would be awesome like that.

Has anyone tried removing the tweed on the door panels/glovebox?

I ripped mine off the glovebox then took a wire brush and got all the goop/glue off then spray painted it black. Its not soft to the touch but it isnt really hard either. It matches the dash pretty good. I’ll get a pic tomorrow if you would like to see it. I also got a black material to cover the door panels and sprayed it with 3M adhesive then stuck the fabric on. It looked good for the first couple weeks but it has since come away from the backing a little bit, and needs to be touched up.

Yea i’d like to see a pic of it if it isn’t too much trouble.
I would love to have something done similar to Ab-Flug’s (without spending the $180 USD for the set). If i rip the tweed off, fill the holes with some kinda filler and get them painted and a few layers of clearcoat i wonder how that would come out?
Here is a pic of the Ab-Flug set:
http://www.ab-flug.co.jp/abflug_shop/item_img/0030140001.jpg

I really dont think you could paint in very well, as far as I can recall is a flexible plastic that has a texture to it, so you wouldnt be able to get that kind of look.

What if they were covered in a fiberglass resin? I know i’m reachin but i think the doors would be awesome like that.