3rd Party Vehicle Pre-Purchase Inspection Services

Hey guys. I found the car that I want and unfortunately it’s in Arkansas. The car is going to sell fast and I already committed to covering a couple guys at work this weekend so I can’t hop on a plane on this short of notice, and it’s an 18 hour drive.

There are a couple services like auto-check and inspect my ride (ebay sponsored) that test drive it and do a basic lookover. I was wondering if anyone on here has ever used something like this to buy anything that’s too far away.

Thanks.

Private sale or at a dealership?

Private Sale

go on whatever forum is specific to that car, go to the regional section and ask for recommendations for shops in the area.

I’ve done this multiple times with Porsches and I’ve passed on quite a few cars because of the PPI.

I used carchex.com a couple years ago to inspect a car located in Georgia (I’m in Canada). They sent out a licensed mechanic who did a 155 point inspection, took the car out for a drive and gave me a rating on pretty much everything (brakes, steering, body, door handles, sun-roof, everything). The mechanic also took a ton of pictures including minor marks on the body of the car. I still have the car and it’s going strong. I would use them again.

Thanks guys appreciate it, I will take both into consideration. I’m hoping to close on this soon, banks of both parties have been speaking.

2nd Note - Anyone know of any reputable service with enclosed trailers?