87-93 LX Mustang Roof Repair Cost?

Looking at a 91 LX Convertable right now and the roof is sagged under the clear window and has some minor tears on the roof side.

Basically what does a complete new roof go for? OEM or aftermarket?

Thanks in advance.

Adam

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/iwwida.pvx?;item?item_no=ET-CTK-IT1%20%20%20%20%201&comp=LRS

“These kits include the convertible top, top pads, well liner, and rear glass. This will be all you need to complete the job properly.”

$349.95

latemodelresto FTW.

If the frame isn’t cracked or binding, you should be able to do that in a weekend very easily.

hows the rest of the car? clean foxes are getting harder and harder to find these days. If the basic structure of the car is in really good shape, things like the convertible top, seats, and hell even the paint are expendable enough that I would be more worried about the condition of the actual shell. Late Model Restoration is wonderful, they sell just about every nut and bolt you can think of for that car, with the exception of the body. So as long as thats in good shape, you’re pretty much covered everywhere else in terms of availability of parts.

HI guys and thanks for the awesome info. That price of repair is really cheap and would have thought a lot more. I personally could never handle this type of job, so I guess in the end the labor would drive the total price up or near to 1K.

MikeRi24, The 91 was on auction yesterday here in Yokohama. Car had an original 45,000 KM on the clock. Car exterior was spotless with not one sign of rust or repaint work. Though the paint needed a good wet sand and polish. Complete underbody floor was also in great order. Engine room was a little dirty, but as expected from a + 15year old vehicle. Only real negatives were the original roof and floor support bars - they were scaling with rust. Very minor as the rivets could have been removed and support bars refinished.

I put an auto low bid on this car and lost by a measly 4,000 JPY. Kicking myself in the ass today.

Well the search continues and that’s it!

Adam

Image:

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e363/FEASTEXPORTER/SA390576.jpg

isnt 4,000 JPY like $30 bucks here?

USD is on par with the YEn, so about 40 USD. Painful.

i wish my fox was that clean

ugh, if i could buy that thing for $40 that would make me happy and sad: happy because i just bought a halfway decent fox vert for $40, sad because it probably means the value of my black car is slightly going down the shitter (not like its worth much to begin with)

The difference between his bid and the winning bid was $40. The car wasn’t forty bucks.

ahh yes :picard: now that I have fully ingested my 3rd cup of Timmy’s for the morning, i see that. please forgive me.

Well boys I have some great news. My auto bid for some odd reason was a winner as told today. Really dont understand as on paper it shows I lost, but the auction house is stating im the winner.

Excited…I guess so but and really wasnt expecting this.

Car should be arriving at my private parking in Noda-shi, Chiba-ken early next week and from here…well I have some work to do.

And to be honest, I dont think i’ll be keeping this car in Japan. The registration costs on an import are outrageous. I mean, 2 year registration is roughly 2000 USD + insurance for one year at roughly 1000 USD. So therefore it will be sent to Niagara Falls amd either kept or sold. More on that later.

Adam

OMG would that make it a JDM MUSTANG GT-R?

Yeah a slow one.

Some of you guys may know Mark “Big Hands”. He runs a Green hatch back from Tonawanda. Remember way back when we were running on Sunday nights. He ran a Red convertable and man it was fast.

Anyhow, im keeping this car original as its worth more.

he still has that car, or at least he did last year when he did some work on one of my cars.