Adam Corolla hints on Top Gear coming to History channel.

You are right to an extent. Hyundia was willing to ship their entire inventory to top get to get torn apart… show it in HD and on a track its like a free commercial even if the hosts hate it.

However, they didn’t actually sponsor the show. Giving a Channel money to advertise the car on the show and then to have the presenters going on toting the competitor and trashing the sponsor simply doesn’t work in america. This is evident in motor-trend, test drive, car and driver, etc.

On top of the money issues that I would expect I think Corolla is the wrong person to host the show. You really need someone with a more over the top abrasive attitude to really add the comedy to the show. Corolla tries, but he really just has the personality of stale toast. The co-hosts are no better. Tanner Faust I think might be slightly retarded and the other guy wouldn’t have been found if he was dead for the last 4 months. Maybe he did, he drives a toyota, he could be in a ditch with the wheels still spinning.

I really want to see someone who doesn’t give a fuck about anybody or anything -except for fast cars. Some one who has a definitive taste in classy vehicles (not a prius driver), and then someone who actually has practical knowledge about driving a car who could do laps around the other two.