AMD Might Be Up For Sale...

AMD Is far from dead. They lead in technology still, sorry to say. The reason for this lead is two terms…

Integrated Memory Controller
Hypertransport Bus

AMD’s probably is that they do not have the fab capacity that Intel does and their process technology is a generation behind.

the manufacturing process is the most important part of making chips these days. IMO Intel is doing a better job overall.

The process tech is making up for the lack of design. In addition to that, OEM’s are more inclined to buy CPU’s that actually exist… :smiley:

the gap will be even bigger once Nehalem comes out…

.045nm C2D

http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/intel_penryn_sneak_peek/

dont those two links completely nullify ur argument in ur previous post, or am i mis-understanding something…

is AMD already integrating the on-chip memory controller?

isnt AMD still working with a 90nm chip?

:picard:

AMD has an integrated memory controller
Intel does not have an integrated memory controller

AMD is converting to .065nm process technology
Intel is converting to .045nm process technology

Intel is releasing the .045nm Penryn CPU to combat AMD’s .065nm Barcelona CPU.

Intel is moving towards an integrated memory controller and a new system bus architecture with the Nehalem

Currently, AMD has all the things that Intel is moving to ALREADY in their CPU’s. Intel has a superior process technology which is why they are still in the game as far as speed. Obviously there are other factors as to why Intel is faster but that is the bottom line.

yeah, thats what i thought u were getting at but i wasnt exactly sure.

:picard: to me

these rapid technology changes are why i never upgrade pc’s. its too much work keeping up with the technology.

lol, ask ILC how he feels about when he built his machine. i have a feeling he is def. banging his head against his keyboard now.

bangs head

It’s not like if you picked Intel over AMD that you are getting a shit computer, you can build a great rig with both.

Neither is a bad choice at this point in time…