AMD Might Be Up For Sale...

http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=39110

lame lame and… wait for it… lame

And I’ve already wasted enough time replying to this article, there is no way I’m going to read it

Don’t post again if you don’t have something worthwhile to contribute…

What the fuck… You’re the one making worthless posts… Just because AMD has one lousy quarter you think they might be up for sale?

this is funny

[quote=“itsJim,post:4,topic:28137"”]

What the fuck… You’re the one making worthless posts… Just because AMD has one lousy quarter you think they might be up for sale?

[/quote]

umm, if you haven’t noticed the guy is pretty much an rss feed for theinquirer…

no personal views, just posts the link. poor posting IMO

Soo apparently if your a mod you can make worthless posts and then threaten to ban for making replys saying how worthless the post is because the post is… worthless…

in. i like where this thread is going.

also, it seems the article has been removed. can anyone else see it?

I think just posting a link involves the least amount of work possible.

Copy and pasting the article and throwing quote tags around it its way too hard.

Article definately was removed, but the title tells the entire story. No joke, the only thing you could add is that everyone is denying it or saying no comment.

Applied Materials rumoured to want to buy AMD

Tunisia is a-buzz, Daammat

By Charlie Demerjian in Las Vegas: Monday 23 April 2007, 14:45
ONE OF THE HOT rumours floating around is over the sale of AMD. No, not the PE one from last week. This one has Applied Materials (AMAT) buying the firm out. Now, wouldn’t that be interesting?

Both AMD and AMAT have denied it vigorously with a confused ‘no comment’, but we were not expecting anything more. The tie-up makes a bit of snese, and if true, and it is only a rumour right now, it may portend a falling out between AMAT and Intel.

Keep an eye on both companies in the coming weeks, this one has more depth than the usual ones.

Great article… Look at all that substance with those great sources…

[quote=“itsJim,post:11,topic:28137"”]

Great article… Look at all that substance with those great sources…

[/quote]

i heard apple is buying AMD.

FuzzyFish rumoured to want to buy IBM

That article seems a bit off, but who knows it could be like the old AMD buying ATI that many called BS on long ago.

[quote=“TgDn32,post:9,topic:28137"”]

I think just posting a link involves the least amount of work possible.

Copy and pasting the article and throwing quote tags around it its way too hard.

Article definately was removed, but the title tells the entire story. No joke, the only thing you could add is that everyone is denying it or saying no comment.

[/quote]

A forum is for discussion correct?

Yes, quoting the entire thing is stupid, but at least a small paragraph, in the body of the message, and maybe your opinion, not that much to ask.

Example:

Thread Title: AMD might be up for sale

Body:

ONE OF THE HOT rumours floating around is over the sale of AMD. No, not the PE one from last week. This one has Applied Materials (AMAT) buying the firm out.

Source

Opinion: Just because AMD has one lousy quarter you think they might be up for sale?

Bam done

It’s posted for everyone’s discussion, I don’t have an opinion either way. In addition to that, half of your posts, Jimbo are telling people how stupid their posts are, it wasn’t just this that made me decide to warn you.

What? Only your posts scrub-i-cant… wink

[quote=“ILCisDEAD,post:14,topic:28137"”]

A forum is for discussion correct?

Yes, quoting the entire thing is stupid, but at least a small paragraph, in the body of the message, and maybe your opinion, not that much to ask.

Example:

Thread Title: AMD might be up for sale

Body:

Source

Opinion: Just because AMD has one lousy quarter you think they might be up for sale?

Bam done

[/quote]

Sarcasm, but I do agree with what you said.

Some forums I visit will flat out delete your thread if you post one up for discussion and don’t give your opinion.

so i read this thread and all i see is OT bitching/banter… perhaps i will start handing out warnings.

stay on topic. if you dont like a topic or want to talk about, it dont post.

[quote=“Zer0DazE,post:18,topic:28137"”]

so i read this thread and all i see is OT bitching/banter… perhaps i will start handing out warnings.

[/quote]

Too many meatheads in this thread… :picard:

[quote=“TgDn32,post:17,topic:28137"”]

Sarcasm, but I do agree with what you said.

Some forums I visit will flat out delete your thread if you post one up for discussion and don’t give your opinion.

[/quote]

That’s great that other forums make you post your opinion. :headbang:

[quote=“Zer0DazE,post:18,topic:28137"”]

[/quote]

you are off topic, you have been warned!!!

I really don’t see the point of AMD selling, but Intel really has started to leave them in the dust… things look grim for AMD in the future…