Anybody else sad Oudin lost?

I was actually watching tennis for the first time in my life… and it was because I wanted her to win. Now that roddick is out and so is the 17 year old… All i want to hear is that Federer is going to lose.

I haven’t given a shit about tennis beyond bouncing boobs since my boy Pete Sampras retired.

Well the 17 yr old oudin definitely didnt have those… but she was still fun to watch.

I cant imagine being THAT good at anything at such a young age. crazyyyy

PS. federer is so good. its annoying.

There is def some sexy tennis players to watch in their little skirt dresses.

Oudin did make a great run. Didnt expect someone with that little experience in a major tournament to make it to the end but I doubt she has any regrets and will be someone to watch in the next few years.

did she get to the finals or just the semi’s?

she was front page on CNN… like the main page, not the travel section :slight_smile:

Quarters she got knocked out.

6 6
2 2

Bjorn Borg is sweet.

http://www.nedgallagher.com/journal/images/bjornborgpane.jpg

just 'cause he wears a head band?

No he’s just awesome.

But I do like headbands.

headbands. lol.

I’ve followed this tournament more than anything in tennis since I put the racquets down years ago. Oudin had an impressive run. I’m not really sad she’s out, bec. she had a good run, and there’s a lot to be proud of for her. I’m sure she’ll be back. Plus it was kind of scary watching her play, as she looks literally identical to my ex-girlfriend, haha.

As far as Federer, how could you not cheer for the guy? Let him shatter the records, we’ll never see anyone this good again, not least in our lifetime. He’s absolutely incredible.

She needs to really work on her serve, it let her down in each match. It didn’t hurt that Sharapova and Petrova started imploding on themselves either. She’s got a great forehand, give her another year or two and look to see her in the top 15.

yea… she gave soooo many points away in her final match of the tourney. :frowning:

sad. Hearing her interview at the end of each match made me smile every time.

I’m guessing Newman is jealous of the shorts

Folks said that about boring Pete as well. I enjoy watching some of his matches, especially the Wimbledon final. That was a blast. I was pulling for Roddick the whole way.

However, as far as ranked men players go, here are my favs (in no particular order):
Nadal
Roddick
Verdasco
Monfils - first time I paid any attention to him was the match a few nights ago. His first set was a blast to watch. Great energy, and an awesome serve. The dude reminds me of a cross between Jim Courier and Crab Man from My Name is Earl.

Nadal constantly picks his ass… its annoying.

When you’re that hot, one can overlook it. (at least according to my wife and daughter)

He reminds me of fez. lol

I was rooting for Oudin too. I think it is just the beginning for her though. She should start making it this far in all of the tourneys.

I was really disappointed in Roddick at the open. After the epic vs Federer, I thought he would have gone much further!

Willy, I was over at Miller’s Tennis in Williamsville on Monday watching the finals for the men’s soft court championship. I know what you are saying about having that much talent at a young age. The two guys (kids) in the championship were 13 and the other couldn’t have been older than 16.