Anyone going to Bonnaroo?

It falls on the weekend of my birthday, so I think I’m going to take the weekend off and head down. Anyone else going?

i wish, my brother went 2 years back… said it was just absolutely insane. I am sure he has alot of advice to give if you are going. I know one thing was bring alot of ice!

I would love to go… but I don’t think I’ll be able to come up with the money or be able to take off work… (since I work 27.5 hours just on Fri, Sat, and Sun alone!)

what is it?

i’m going to miss 28 hours of work… but i need to go away soon. I’m getting massively burned out on the driving in circles for cash.

festival.

http://www.bonnaroo.com/2006/

I agree… I’m getting burned out also… but my Birthday is the weekend of the 3rd (21), I have to take off the following week for my brother’s graduation and Dave Matthews, and I just don’t think I’ll be able to take anymore time even though those arent really vacations!

Besides… there are only about 10 bands I’d be really into seeing… and I’ve seen them time and time again…

Happy upcoming 21st.

I want to see:

Radiohead
Beck
Cypress Hill
Ben Folds
Matisyahu
Mike Doughty
The Streets
Seu Jorge

the rest i really don’t give a shit about… i just feel like going somewhere new.

:slight_smile: yea… thats pretty much my list too…

except matisyahu… who is he? isnt it a guy? I see a banner for him in the exchange window in sq. hill everyday… a little weird looking… I thought he was like ‘jewish rock’ like christian rock bs… haha

he’s a devout hasidic jew who sings reggae.

i first heard him out in san diego, and then he blew up here a couple months after i got back. he’s pretty good.

i would want to only see these people:

Radiohead
Beck
Ben Folds
Mike Doughty

f everyone else, of yeah my brother was telling me that you miss most of the music.

That makes for a crappy weekend. Where do you work?

Believe it or not, Tom Petty is actually pretty good live. I got free tickets once and enjoyed his show. I was never big in to his music on the radio.

Man - Common, Les Claypool, Sasha, Blackalicious, Beck - those are all solid. How long are the sets?