Anyone here work at the GM Tonawanda Engine Plant?

Hey guys,

If by chance someone here works at that plant, I have a small favor to ask of you… hoping someone might be able to help me out with something that is driving me effing nuts over the last couple weeks…

11 yrs there how may I help Mr Dan

Well, in short, I am trying to get my hands on two simple GM parts that appear to be made out of Unobtanium… and it is driving me nuts. I just need to see them and figure out of they will even work for the suspected application, and if I should wait on them to show up, or if I am just spinning my wheels over nothing, and I should bite the bullet and have them produced. As you can imagine, the latter will cost me a small fortune, and take far longer than working with something off the shelf… but if they wont work anyway, I need to get moving on it NOW.

They are Piston Oil Jets for the Ecotec Turbo engine. Apparently they come in two versions, a 45 degree and a 90 degree. The part numbers are 12596230 [90], and 12591858 [45].

I figure that the GM plant has to have them, since they are building the engines. I would only need them for a few minutes to figure out if they will fit, and I could meet you wherever to see them if need be. If they will work, I actually would need a quantity of 11 of whichever works best, but I would not overstep my bounds and ask you to get them for me somehow unless it could not cause any trouble for you in any way, shape, or form… but I just need to know if I am holding myself up for nothing waiting for these damn things which just don’t seem to exist!

Thanks,

find a junk yard engine and disassemble?

Good luck. Too new, and only on one version… and would have to rip apart the whole engine to get at it. Not to mention find 3 of those engines to get enough of them for the job at hand.

http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/results.cfm?addtocart=1&addpartnumber=12591858&singlepart=1&partnumber=12591858

Can’t you just order some?

So far, nothing has actually shown up when I order them. If it was that simple, I wouldn’t be going through the trouble, LOLOL!

Try cobaltss.net if you’re having problems. There’s a vendor on there ZZP they seem to do a lot of ectotec engine builds so it’s worth a shot.

I do not think the plant makes the turbo eco’s

Unless thats one of the newer lines??

I was kind of wondering lol. I usually call GM parts directly and talk to them about parts if they don’t ship out asap. They usually know whats going on. They stopped making C5 corvette targa seals when mine was ordered and the guy was on top of it.