Anyone into Nitro RC cars/trucks??

I just picked some up on a trade for some :snky:

Dont know the first thing about them. Anyone steer me in the right direction?

Thanks

What did you get.I know a good amount.

No idea to be honest…one is an awd truck with an american flag body the guy said was big $.

The other is a 2wd super fast that needs a motor…he said around 35 bux and a bin full of spare parts and tools.

text me pics

That one is a team associated rc10gt. Pretty good race truck

sent ya 4 pics.

any idea on value?

the other is a traxxas tmaxx. I would say all together 300 maybe 400 bucks.

he was saying that the AE flag body was special…any truth?

They can obviously be a lot of fun and fast, but they can also be very touchy.

I dont know a lot about gas/nitro cars, but they have to be tuned to run well. The screws on the motor to make adjustments etc. I would stop at a hobby shop and have them explain it in detail.

My brother in law purchased 3 of them this past spring and ended up selling them all because he couldnt get them to run reliably and switched to electrics.

If you have the aptitude to fiddle and some patients, I think you will be fine.

Just curious, the Tmaxx isnt electric is it and there is an AE RC10GT and a Traxxas something er other road car?

Haha…they will be for sale instantly lol

probably like 20 bucks.It is def a backyard cruiser it has alot of a aluminum. it might be a original .15 tmaxx with a .21 swap(small block engine to big block) nothing special about that body I could even paint it.

Ok cool…I will probably take them to the hobby store and see what they are worth…I would play with them but probably get bored in a day after spending $ on fuel and stuff.

I used to love them. I had a problem with taking folding tables and jumping everything I could.

Im actually getting my fixed this week…fun little hobby

i used to be big into 1/10 scale Nitro AWD touring cars. HPS RS4, and a TC3 were my weapons of choice. HPI was more forgiving (fun), but the TC3 was a better handling chassis (faster given practice or skill)

best suggestion would be get an on the car head temp gauge to be able to just drive it to you, read the temp and adjust the mixture accordingly without using an IR temp gun like i used to do. any nitro guy worth their salt could go to a parking lot with you and teach you to tune via temp and smoke in less than half an hour. no smoke, seems real fast? it’s scary lean, stop.