Anyone own a Kawi 250R

Same question really, looking for a Kawasaki 250r now that I can get motor dimensions from for a project. Looked at the Banshee motor here and it’s not going to work…

Edit*

Stll looking for 250R…

97Vr4 just bought one and so did RSXTC.

Maybe if i ask pretty please they’ll let me take off a side fairing and pull some measurements ;D

lemme know what you need measured, mine haven’t had fairings since last year.

I got a Honda 250R…

Basically I need the overall physical size of the motor itself(no carbs and stuff. Height, length, and width. I also need to know roughly where the mounts are to bolt it to the frame. Some small motors like these have a mount off the head while others have them off the crankcase.

Also is this motor electric start or kick? It’s gonna be a bitch of it’s a kick start only :sad

Awesome, thanks!!!

Both new and old are electric start.

Mine is the old model design, while the other members have the new model.

overall height (bottom to top corner of cover) is 19.5"
bottom length is 14"
overall length is 16"
width at widest point is 14"
height of the tranny past the block - 11"
all of these are a approximate, so don’t take them as exact measurements. but they are pretty close.
there are three mounting points, one in the front under the cam cover, two and the back at the bottom and top of the tranny.

Fantastic! Going by those dimensions the motor will fit by a long shot so even if it’s bigger it’ll still work. Now I just have to find a good one FS with carbs and electronics. Thanks for the effort on this one! :bowdown

BTW, these are a five speed right? And about 25hp???

Clark…I’m grinning ear to ear on this right now ;D

no problem.
however, double check the dimensions if you get a chance, I would hate for you to buy it and have it not fit :wink:
these are six speed with a 14k redline, older ones make 33 at the crank, 27 at the wheel, new ones are a bit down on power.

Six speed and 27hp, grin keeps getting bigger. Found and EX250 motor on Ebay for ~$700 minus carbs. Still going to shop yet…