Audi S3 - US release....maybe

looks awesome…but we’ll never see it here i bet…too bad

they have no plans to manufacture it in the US …
http://www.dubsinthebuff.com/forum/audi-bmw-other/10764-its-truly-amazing.html?highlight=audi

Dear Mark:
Thank you for your interest in Audi.
No plans have been announced at this time for production of an RS3, but we will be happy to forward your note to the appropriate persons for consideration in future planning. The preferences and opinions of our customers are very important in developing models for the coming years.
The only two-door model currently scheduled for production is the new TT, which will be available in the spring (Coupe) and summer (Roadster) of 2007, as a 2008 model.
Again, thank you for contacting us. Please write again if we can be of any further assistance.
Marjorie
AudiTalk

fuck that i want a 1-series deisel

It wont come here. Sux

It would cut into GTi/R32 sales. Read it in motor trend or something recently that we will NOT get the S3 here in the states. = Ghey.

Jeller

Rear end = Civic Hatch.

If they can keep the weight down and not turn this car into a pig, it will surely be a stock contender.
However, the Price is Definately Not Right - They want people to pick this car over an M3?

Unless that things gets 40 more horsies and a lot cheaper, I don’t see it selling very well

That would be great!

Maybe I will just have to settle for an S4 Avant.

RS3 /= S3

And we won’t ever get the D-wheel

True and true.

I assume the lack of D-wheel has something to do with DOT regulations.

RS4 Avant, like, old skool B5 = drool

And that’s an ABT Avant, not a stocker.

AS400 I think

I dunno about that. The VW GTI and GLI have a D-wheel. Its a little less extreme then the audi wheel i think, but it ain’t round.

No, it is.

The GTI baaaarely has a D-wheel. It’s possible we’d get something simlar, but not to the extent that Europe gets.