B series VTEC head cast

If I just wanted to buy the casting of a head does anyone know where I could buy one?

a new one? majestic honda it’s like $1100

you can get an entire head on honda-tech for about $450

thread starter of the year.

yea that’s what i was wondering because i looked it up on majestic but it says head assembly, idk. There is no place out there that sells the casts?

I’m pretty sure, the head on majestic is just the casing with the cam caps, since cam caps are supposed to be specific to the particular head. Call honda and find out. Just curious, why do you only need the casing?

If your going to have head work done and have spring, retainers, different cams put in then what do you need to start off with all the other crap for?

trd turbo > vtaaakkk!

I have my itr head if you want to try it. it is goin to need welded for sure

welded as in how?

as in it has a dropped valve and it chewed some stuff up

So what they do is well the spots that are chewed up and let it harden and then go in a fix it make it all smooth again. I’m still getting edumacated so correct me if im wrong but dont they normally weld spots and they go over them during and port and polish job?

Well buying a brand new head, if you bought the springs, retainers, cams, valves, valve stem seals, plus all the gaskets, valve cover, vtec solenoid, you’d be looking at well over 2500 bux.

All the other stuff is that come with the new head from honda is supposed to be specific to that one particular head, the preason being is that they were made from the same peice of metal. If I were you and your just looking to build a nice head. Buy one off hondatech or elsewhere. then buy your stuff and take it to a machine shop.

yup that’s what they do…believe me I would never put an unbuilt head on a built motor again so welding it up then having it port and polished and a valve train in it might be cheaper than a new head from honda.

honda heads flow some air stock, the power is in the cams

joe what cams are you running in your racecar?

this year stock GSR

Next year with some refreshed valvetrain

skunk stage 2’s
or skunk pro 2’s
or toda Spec C’s

some Big ass all motor cam

why is it that turbo cams dont work or i see everyone always runs all motor cams on turbo cars

hype

my first setup i ran Crower 403’s till they broke

so big turbo cams do work?

nope the car will not run and you will have to rebuild the tranny