Back together

Doesn’t really look much different than before other than the new cold air intake, throttle body, over the valve cover wires, & powder coated intake. A little cleaner, but it’s not really a show car.

looks good jeff!!!

have you thought about that elbow off the TB for better flow into hte TB…oh yea hows it run now

looks good, what cold air intake is that? looks homemade.
i know K&N or someone makes a nice plastic intake for the lt1

Still trying to figure out my idle issues and what feels like cam surge when driving at low rpm.

Just got rid of a plastic one. This is an Arizona Speed & Marine - chromed tube w/ the rubber hose. They all perform about the same. The damn corner of the radiator & cover causes problems, that’s why the plastic ones have an indent.

lookin good jeff, i want a ride

looks really good. get it to a dyno

Nice nice! I can’t wait to see dyno #s and track times. As for the idle and surge issues I really suggest a custom tune. You bought a tune based on your parts right? It’s been my, and many other ppl’s, experience that while close they are never spot-on. At WOT it’s probably pretty good since that’s where the most research has been done and the most data for any given combo is available. Usually a tuner can make a pretty good WOT tune based on “similar” combos. But when it comes to idle, part-throttle drivability etc. every car seems to react just a little different.

-TJ

I got the tune from pcmforless. I paid for unlimited tunes, so I’ll give the guy feedback and he’ll adjust from there.

Where’s the guy located? Is there anyway you can get a tune on a dyno w/ wideband (at idle, part and WOT not just WOT pulls… or have him go for a ride along w/ you for the idle and part throttle)?

-TJ

He’s actually from eastern (?) PA. They hold dyno days every so often - location depends on # of people interested.

I plan to get dyno data w/wideband, but an actual dyno tune looks unlikely.

I set my TPS voltage to exactly where it should be tonight (had to slot the screw holes a little), and did some data logging. It’s free software though, so the logging & parameters are limited. Learning as I go!