Best place to buy a 360?

So, I’ve decided I’m a homotron and want to play GTA4 when it comes out. Where is the best place to pick up a 360? I want a non refurbed RROD POS. From what I can tell, the newer units w/ the HDMI port have the upgrades to the heatsinks?

What package should I get? All this Pro/Premium/Proceptor crap is annoying.

word

There are a lot of bad stories out there about places like Best Buy and Circuit City. You’ll buy the 360, and take it home. Only then will you realize it doesnt work (if its actually in the box at all), and when you take it back the serial numbers dont match. Thusly you are Boned.

Open the 360 in the store, in front of an employee and check the serials. Ive started doing this with hard drives too.

there is a cut out in the boxes to see the SN…

when you are walking out make sure it matches and you are good to go. i just got the arcade unit from circuit city. it was like 300 after tax. comes with everything you need. i use it to watch movies and play gta iv. the 256mb memory unit that comes with it is fine too unless you decide you want to download game demos and movies, then you want the hard drive.

Thats interesting, any reason not to get the arcade? Seems to be the HD only really. There is a guy on OT that always has the HDs for sale for $20 too…

Doesn’t seem like it: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/compare101.htm

Would use wireless, and would use an HDMI cable anyway. Don’t need a headset to play GTA either.

id just get the elite.

$170 for a black paint job, 100GB and an HDMI cable?

Lifetime warranty, how can I lose?