BMW Confirms "M1" Version of 135i with 350hp Coming in 2011

Badass.

Thats BMW but thats nothing new and thats not what they use on the M cars. They use that system in (I think) all of there current non-M vehicles, it uses the rear brakes in place of a limited slip diff.

Well maybe it’s just me then. I like bigger cars (ie 5/7 series, Infiniti M, Audi A8, etc.)

Hell, sometimes I feel like my Maxima is too small and it’s actually quite roomy.

DSC has used the rear brakes with traction control since like 97

Still waiting til BMW wakes up and starts selling the 120d hatch in the 20s here.

never in your life sir

True but I thought the “limited slip” function of the traction control was a bit more pro-active in slowing a wheel before TCS would come on normally.

Here’s some pics of the cold weather testing. It’s rumored to have 345 hp.

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/upload/22096/images/22012BMW1seriesCoupe.jpg

i need that job.

Test, not crash.

If they really want to make an “M1” out of it, subtract 800lbs and give it a high revving 300hp i6. Done.

i am going to shit in my hand and throw it at you when you stuff your hunk of junk into a wall.

So do I get to do that for you for yo Mary Kay Escolaaaddee?

340hp is small potatoes

When the drive wheels begin to spin, the automatic brake differential function (ABD) initially brakes the individual wheel with the higher level of slip. If both wheels spin, ASR intervenes in a fraction of a second.

It’s nice to see at least one company thinking that they can make a smaller car, and be successful at it…

Not like Volkswagen and Audi who’s cars just keep getting bigger and bigger.