BMW 1 Series M

Hey BMW guys, is this something cool to watch for? Rumored twin turbo inline 6, 335ish hp:

goose pimples

This is what the 3 series used to be. I want one.

The standard 135i already has the twin turbo L6 in it.

Can’t wait to see what they do to the ///M version though.

you vill smile

I like.

Yes.

I love the new M3’s but they are huge pigs with that V8, I’ve had a thing for the 1-Series since it came out and though they’re changing to the I6 with the single turbo I think this M version is going to kick ass. It’s more like the older M3’s.

i’d go with the V8 M3…

hearing horror stories about the I6TT when it gets into higher mileage… replacing turbos or anything else in there is big bucks and very common.

That’s why they are killing off the N54 motor for the N55 single turbo

my ex roomate has the 135i…and we put it to 245-250 easyily before the electronic limiter went off…the m version should be pretty fun…

Will probably cost as much as a Vette. :tdown:

dont the 135s already make over 350 hp with just a reflash?

Yes. This car should have the N55 motor (single turbo I6) with less issues than the N54 twin turbo motor has, but with the same power and tuning possible on tap.

Should be in the range of around $45k when released.

“you will get goosepimples”

wont sell imo

370z and boss 302’s are going to eat the sales market for this car

yeah i dont see a ton os 135i’s running around… not as much as i see people leasing 323’s and such…

the 1 series wagons are EVERYWHERE in Italy (and probably europe)

so hot.

Since they will never call it an M1 (or at least they shouldn’t, there is only one true BMW M1). I would love to see them give it all the M goodies, but call it the “tii” to pay homage to the old 2002 tii’s just like they did with this concept a few years ago.

http://image.motortrend.com/f/9490479+w750/112_0712_01z+bmw_concept_1_series_tii+front_view.jpg

the 135 is bad ass. inline 6 tt… don’t need to say much more on that. There are things that they shorted the 135 of like an lsd so off the line it’s not the best feeling and has trouble putting down all that power.

The M will be interesting indeed.

my 2 cents

this