BMW 1 Series M

Hi Gang,

Ok, I am not gonna say where I got this screen shot from. I will say that in my quest for a German flash tune… I came accross this little tibit/jewel!

1M code named “Pyrat” by BMW…

It looks to me that this is confirmation that the new 1M will have 250 Kw N54engine. That is 340 HP. Engine code: N54B3OTO

What is even more interesting is the highlight text! Looks like BMW is thinking about a special US only model with 332 Kw or 451 HP! I personally think this will be the engine that ends up in the next M3. I don’t think BMW will offer a 1M with this sort of HP power. But seeing it on the screen is very interesting indeed!

It also looks to be the very same 1M Engine code: N54B3OTO, which would suggest that with only a tune/SW the 1M engine will make another 100 Hp!!! Food for thought!

Also of interest (IF you look up that engine listing) is the fact that BMW will also have a 135iS model in 2012. Same HP though, at 225Kw or 306 Hp. The 135iS has engine code: N55B3OUO

And… if you keep looking up that list you can seee various engines of interests.

impressive

I absolutely love 135’s. But they are only 200lbs lighter than the M3. I hate when people bitch about the weight of the V8, that engine weighs less than an S54.

The single turbo and LSD will be nice improvements for an “M” version 135. I personally like that you don’t see 1’s too often, makes me want one even more.

I really like that BMW has a fun small car again, and a 4 door M3, both great moves.

451 hp would be awesome, but you could easily get that power for less than BMW will charge you for it.

yeah but with one of those options you get to keep your warranty and resale value. :wink:

will it have dct?

Ugh I wish my wife enjoyed driving cars. The new M3 sedan is so awesome. I love the direct BMW has been going in lately.

everything I keep hearing about the 1-series M makes me happy in the pants and sad in teh wallet

Things I read and like are the LSD, 3 inch wider body and stance, bigger brakes, M3 suspension bits but not the active shocks so coil overs are a good upgrade. N54 or the Twin Turbo engine, not the Single. There are more differences between it, but the aftermarket is not there for the Single Turbo N55 yet.

Basically I could bolt up my procede, intercooler, intakes, possibly downpipes and Coil overs, and have LSD, less weight, wider tires, bigger brakes. and around 400whp. Doesn’t sound so bad all in all.

X…

Its about time, but it better have a lot more than 300 hp.

Moar power is a good thing.

It will be over 300. My guess is about 330-350 max. But no matter even if it is 300hp, a simple tune will take care of that :wink:

I’m betting mid 300s at the most, leaving more for the tuning market, and in turn possibly selling more vehicles based off that. But I thought I remembered reading when it was initially announced it was a limited run kinda thing, like 3000 total?

I read that too 300, in either white, orange, and I think black

X…

Still not sure how I feel about the 1 series. I’m sure an M version will better my opinion quickly though…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1spzeR-giq4&feature=player_embedded

That is all.

I love this car so much…

Sweet.

nice
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lr9Z0v1Reuw&NR=1

Do want.

Trip to Detroit to see it at the Jan auto show…?

X…