BMW to come out with a few more M models... And they're diesel.

No. The first M was the M1 in 1978, followed by the M535i in 1979. That’s quite a few years before the E30M’s time. If you’re such a BMW M enthusiast, at least get your facts straight, please.

i was trying to show that the coupe vs convertible thread is almost pointless since there are so many factors such as weight of driver, quantity of passengers, optional equipment included … for instance why did bmw m’s come with nav or stupid leather? it should have all been cloth and manual everything for weight reduction.

the essence of an m car is still intact whether it has a roof or not.

You do realize that my original argument, which you have attempted to augment into something else, was that it is all marketing and essentially that the “M” nomenclature is simply marketing tactics vs. sticking with “racing heritage,” right?

your on your second bmw …and one of which is a diesel… it means you are quick to become a fanboi and just jump on the bandwagon of everything bmw is great. i can look at it this way because i dont have brand loyalty as you see i had two s audi’s in the middle of owning the bmw’s i have. bmw is just another car and if i find one i like more i have no problems saying it since i have nothing vested in the company.

LOL, just because I have only two BMWs means I’m a fanboi? Get the fuck out of here with that shit. While I do have loyalty to the brand, it is not based simply on ownership, but based on facts concerning resale values vs. other German marques, quality, reliability vs. other German sport-luxury vehicles, and so on and so forth. I’d like you to show me any other proof to me being a brand loyalist, as I’ve owned:
Three Nissan/Infiniti cars
One Honda
One Porsche
One Subaru
One Audi
Two BMWs
One DSM

Lots of brand loyalty there, right? I’m all over the map. I think I have at least a few other vehicles to compare.

the m3 is my girls car now… initially i bought it and didnt really like it but furthermore how do you know my girlfreidns financial situation? what if the car is still mine but she drives it? what if she wanted it and i gave it to her? you have no idea how her or my finances are.

Can you do me a favor and please point out where I mentioned finances? Oh, you can’t? I wonder why… Oh yea, I didn’t bring finances up. You’re so quick to get on the defense about this lol. If it is your girl’s car though, why do you represent it as your own?