Brake vs Break

[size=2]Normally I wouldn’t care, but this is an automotive forum where people talk about brakes all the time.

Brake:[/size]
–noun

1. a device for slowing or stopping a vehicle or other moving mechanism by the absorption or transfer of the energy of momentum, usually by means of friction.

–verb (used without object)

1. to use or run a brake.

Break:
Verb-

1. to smash, split, or divide into parts violently; reduce to pieces or fragments
    Noun-
  2. an act or instance of breaking; disruption or separation of parts; fracture; rupture: There was a break in the window.

That is all. :slight_smile:

there should have been 400 threads and probably about 24 stickies relating to grammar/spelling if this was the case, especially with some of the kids on here

I think my favorites are cylender and motar

TUNNNIG!!!

“You’re” and “Your” are probably the two most commonly misused words on this forum.

http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/search.php?searchid=1016955

peopless grammeeerr is porfect

their vs there, is another example

the internet has proven itself as a grammar free zone

the find indicates that people from that era spoke a much earlier form of e-mail language alien to our own, employing the full spellings of most words, and lacking the versatility and advanced expression of smiley-face or frowny-face emoticons

I know, I know… lots grammar mistakes on here, I have no problem with that. But this is an AUTOMOTIVE forum, and BRAKES are a MAJOR component of an automobile.

Maybe I’m just having a bad day.

no i agree, im not a grammar nazi or anything, but when i see “breaks” being refered to as a car part i wanna smack my head on the keyboard

that post was bothering me to. yea me of all people.

It wasn’t just that recent post. I’ve seen “breaks” a lot in the past couple of weeks.