Car for under 1100

My car broke, sold it for parts, starting my own flight school, just bought a plane, need something dirt cheap to help get me going.

I understand that a car for the 500 - 1100 range is not going to be in the best of shape, but I still basically need something that is not going to fall apart on me the moment I drive it away. Can’t be too picky, but 5 spds always more fun.

Let me know what you have, cars only, out of NT.

Corey

5 speed 1992 Civic. Grey/grey. Has had TONS of recent maintenance. It’s my dad’s car, and it’s 1200 firm. Find an extra $100 and it’s ALL yours…

I definitely can’t go under $1200, but I have a 95 impreza L sedan if you can do that much.
5sp AWD 1.8 liter 175k.
Doesn’t leak or burn anything.
Fresh oil change, oil changed every 3750 miles. I am the third owner, car was dealer maintained and has a stack of records.
Brakes, suspension, steering parts all completely solid. Getting inspected in a few days.
Tires are about 50%, plus I have 2 extra steel wheels.
AC is really cold, heat is really hot. Cruise doesn’t work and neither do the 4 ways. All other lights and signals work perfect.
Power windows all work. Rubber Subaru floor mats!!!
New catback exhaust, new plugs and wires at 145.
The car runs, idles and shifts absolutely perfectly. The shifter bushing is sloppy and has a lot of play in it but it shifts perfect.
Starts every single time.

The car is rusty, and the gas tank leaks if filled over half way, but otherwise needs nothing.
It is actually super smooth on the highway and is really quiet and rattle free for its age. My girlfriend has a 95 civic and the ride quality and interior noise is way worse than this car.

Pictures found here.

still looking, keep em comin!

i suggest you buy joe’s dad’s car

94 volvo 940 4cyl auto $800

details on the volvo please

Any interest in the Civic?

Cory check that civic out. Most reliable cars I have ever owned were 92-95 civics

i have a 5spd 94 altima 95k with some recent maintenance done…il let it go for 1000.

Got any more pics/info?
The wife has a poor friend that needs a car.

Altimas are very reliable too. I have a friend who had one for years, put it well past 200k and it never needed anything major.

Civics are realiable, but all mine have needed transmissions, auto and manual, luckily they are super cheap and easy to change though. The ride sucks in a civic compared to a subaru though. My subaru is the most reliable and comfortable winter car I have had, well next to a town car.

Neons are vastly underrated too, everyone shits on them. I had a first gen and it was cake to work on and very reliable with high miles.

I have a neon I’m cleaning up to ditch for $1200… how soon do you need to purchase?

considering checking out that Nissan within the next day or 2, never a fan of civics but keeping them in mind. I had a non-turbo eclipse , basically neon parts, and thing broke every week, i’ll keep em all in mind, suby is tempting too, but will check the nissan first. thanks

what else is on the market?

I have a 98 Altima that I took in on a trade from a 65 yr old lady( you can meet her) Black 4dr Auto 135K runs very nice but has a noise in front end. She was told tie rod end and I think it’s going to need brakes soon. 800 Firm.
Derek 628 3448