car lift

Thats nice, unfortunately my garage foundation would not even support something like that.

I thought about that a few years ago, and decided just to patch mine up.

I measured the rotary lifts at work and they are 11’8" with a lower setting that’s 5" shorter. That’s pretty damn close so i’m probably going to go with this rotary lift
http://standardus.com/stdshop/images/D/lg-R-RTP9-01.jpg
Specifications RTP9
Capacity 9,000 lbs.
Rise w/ Extensions 80-1/2"
Rise w/out Extensions 72"
Overall Height 111-1/4"
Overall Width 138-1/2"
Drive Through Clearance 97-1/4"
Width Inside Columns 111"
Arm Reach (Min/Max) 30" / 46-1/4"
Min. Adapter Height 3-1/2"
Driver-Over Height 1-1/2"
Voltage/Amps 208/230, 20 Amps
Motor 2 HP
Min. Ceiling Height 113" (9’-5")

That’s decent pricing. I expected the pricing on these to be a lot higher.

I like that MaxJax option for the “portability” if you will. Anyone know about them/used them/know anyone with one?

I like this part - Motor: 110-220 VAC / 50-60 Hz. 1Ph. But there is no current draw listed.

EDIT: It was in the FAQs…

Is electrical hard wiring included in installation?

Electrical work is not necessary. The standard power unit features a dual voltage 115/208-230-volt AC, single phase motor with an industrial-grade power cord and standard household plug.

What type of power outlet/source is needed to operate my lift?

Our standard power unit will require a 15-amp breaker for 110-volt operation and a 25-amp breaker if you choose to run on 208-230-volts

Does the hydraulic fluid come with the lift?

Due to current DOT and insurance laws regarding the transport of hydraulic oils ( DOT / Section 1 – Hazardous Ingredients, DOT / Section 2 – Fire and Explosion Hazards and DOT / Section 3 – Health Hazards ) hydraulic fluid is to be supplied by the end-user only and will be required for operation. MaxJax™ lifts are designed to operate using standard 10-weight, non-foaming, non-detergent hydraulic oil or Dexron-III ATF fluid. This is available in virtually any automotive store.

Do I need a special floor or foundation to support my lift?

Most residential or commercial foundations are strong enough to support a MaxJax™ lift. The minimum requirements is 2500-3000 PSI 4" thick concrete. Be sure to check your floor on the possibility of it being a post tension slab. In this case contact the building architect before drilling. Visually inspect the site where the lift is to be installed and verify the concrete is in good condition and free of cracks or other defects.

Do I need any special tools to install my lift?

The only specialty tool required is a rotary hammer drill and 7/8" drill-bit for the drop-in anchors. If you don’t have a rotary hammer drill you can usually rent one. Other tools required will be standard wrenches.

What size are the anchor bolts and what size drill bit do I need?

The drop-in anchors for all MaxJax™ lifts are 5/8" diameter x 4" long. A rotary hammer drill and 7/8" concrete bit is required for installation

installed!

awesome… looks good. not where I expected you to put it though lol.

So if you put the 3000gt on it, can you fit a car under it?

probly…i’ve got about another foot up top but that light is in the way so i’ve gotta move it. Thats where the old lift was!

:tup: good times.