Automotive Storage Lifts

Thinking about adding another to the fleet but I am just about out of space. 2 car garage & Side driveway parking for 3

I am not sure that I want to build another garage on site due to lacking foresight and paving the area I would put the garage only 2 years ago. and that area would require a town variance to put near the property line.

So I have been researching 4 post car storage lifts. The only I am leaning towards in the Bendpak HD-9

What I do not know is if someone local would install that? sell that? Come to the house and identify if it is the best path forward and ultimately tell me if it will handle my needs.

Help? Thoughts?

Thanks

I could probably help you install. I don’t think you have the height though. You’d get one off the ground but doubt one under. Go for the detached. Variance shouldn’t be a big deal. Maybe even save your blacktop if you do it right.

Seems like a lot of work to take one off the top every 3 months when you sell it

I personally like 2 post lifts but I believe Loomis root will install either or

It puts the car on a “pedestal” which subliminally suggests to the buyer that it is worth every penny!

• Updated - - -

The actual area is already concrete…come help I have beer.

Loomis Root - They gave me a good deal too for paying cash FYI

^

:tup: Do they just to 2 post or 4 post storage type as well? I am not really looking to work on? just more storage.

Just googled them…What salesman did you work with ?

They do both. Can’t remember a name though.

I bought my Bendpak XPR10A two post and had it shipped direct. Installed it myself. I would go to their site to see what the ceiling height requirement is before you get too far. Will also need electrical run to the motor.

I can either wire your new lift or help you get the variance… My neighbor is on the zoning board.

^^^^^^^^^^^^

Wired mine in. :kisses:

+1 for Loomis Root. China lifts but still working after 5+ years of heavy use

I didn’t mind my loomis root lift, it was a “you get what you pay for”. It worked fine, but some of the details like the accessory brackets welded about 5 degrees off, and the fit and finish could have been better.

That being said, I WOULD NEVER LET THEM INSTALL A LIFT AGAIN. Now that I am done screaming. Those fuckers spilled hydraulic fluid all over by brand new shop floor, and cross threaded about half the fittings. They didn’t use the shims to set the poles up, so they were off by a degree or two, and in the end there was no recourse because I paid cash for the install. They gave me a shim kit and some new fittings.

On another note, at the new house I am trying to squeeze a 4 post into on the of the 20’ x 20’ garages. The ceiling height is a little low, and there is an I beam going across where the wiper cowl would be on most cars. Once I get unpacked, get the heater hooked up, paint, build some benches, etc. I’ll look at it some more.

Something to consider is the garage door with the 4 post. You’ll have to move the tracks so the door rides close to the ceiling (so you can lift the car with the door open) and you may need to get a Jack Shaft opener too. (I just did the liftmaster 8500 and I love it so far).

I’m also considering the Max Jax, but still need to take a close look at one in person.

X…

Lol must have been installed on a Monday after st pattys day/weekend

I didn’t forget about you @Xander . Now that things have calmed down you should stop over for a beer and take a look at mine. Shoot me a text 716 949 7424

Kyle - if you’re going for a lift, might as well go with a 2 post, which will allow you to store vehicles as well as work on them (remove wheels, drop exhaust, etc etc). The 4 post will limit the work you can do on your junk.

However if ceilings don’t allow for it, get a 4 post.

Loomis Root does good work locally, I had a female friend get one installed in her barn and she was happy with the install. I think @Spam16v used them too?

Online options are:

http://www.gregsmithequipment.com/Shop/4-Post-Lifts
(have heard good things about their customer service)

and

I bought my maxjax from them but had to deal with the hassle of picking it up from my buddy’s business address, loading it on a trailer, dragging it home, getting it off the trailer, installing it myself, setup, etc etc. Sometimes it’s nice to pay someone else to do it. Their customer service was kinda meh (seemed like a one guy operation) but in the end it all worked out.

Once the other car gets home, I will have to measure them both plus the lift and hope that I can squeeze them in.

I am opting for the 4 post for a few reasons:

1. Easier on and off
  2. Fluid leakage on to car below…they have plates and trays on the 4 post.
  3. I am a terrible mechanic…the wheel on/off would be nice but the 4 posts do have mini jack options if I wanted.
  4. You live down the street and have a 2 post :slight_smile:

fair enough. you provide the drinks. and I can store my sled at your place.

Jim girdlestone at loomis root can help you out, Cell # 716-984-6047

OK thanks…once the other car arrives I can do the math Something tells me I am going to be a little short and require a ceiling raise…sigh

with the land you have you need to think about just building a detached 40x40 or something and dedicating that to lifts, storage, and drinking beer. The attached will be for daily’s.