Automotive Storage Lifts

I have to convince the town that a garage on the other property is not worthy of a high tax rate and is yet allowed to be a commercial building with no home attached to it…My guess is they say NO :frowning:

@Norb O Loomis put in my Forward Asymetrical clear floor two post. I was also going to do a 4 post and alignment plates so I could get a Hunter machine in the other bay, then I came to my senses and got a real job so I could avoid that kind of nonsense. Loomis carries Direct Lifts also which are pretty cheap for 4 post storage use.

Loomis did my install @Xander, showed up at 8am, saw tailights by 9:30am. Two of the brothers showed up, the third came, other left. They’re all vets from different services and talk a lot of shit to each other. Only had to adjust the cables once after they settled a few months later. Everything is plumb, level and true for the most part still. Screw trying to get the stupid thing home from someone who has a dock and set it up myself to save $300 cash install… I’d pay them to move it if necessary, or if I move someplace it can’t follow, I’d call them and they’d find someone to buy it in a heartbeat for almost what I paid and come get it and hand me a wad of cash.

I had Rupp overhead come in and do my roofline pitch tracks for new insulated garage doors, I installed the liftmaster openers later on. 2nd bay has a hip roof so I can only do a raised set of tracks and not roofline pitch unfortunately, but since I don’t have a lift on that side, IDGAF. The motorcycles are all over there with the lift table for them, so whatever. F-Hamburg overhead door, quoted 2X the price Rupp did and refused to bother to open the book to quote the roofline pitch I requested. Ask @cougarspeed about his Hamburg experience, I’d bet money his door never works again.

I had the same experience with Loomis a few years ago. I bought, and they delivered and installed a two post asymmetrical Direct lift. Everything was shimmed and adjusted properly. After a few months I had to re-bleed the cylinders and lube the cable pulleys. If I am ever so motivated I will probably add grease fittings to the pulley bushings. After re-bleeding I had a strange drip from the hydraulic fluid storage container. I called Loomis and they instructed me to remove the four screws holding it on and rotate the storage container 180 degrees. It took 10 minutes, and the problem was solved.

This is my first lift, and it seems solid. With a 2002 1/2 ton Suburban the arms flex a little, but with anything lighter it’s solid. I started to lift a 99 1 ton super-duty Powerstroke 4wd long bed double cab… and I was not comfortable. Technically that truck was under the 9000 lb capacity, but I was too scared. I like that arms are narrow enough to fit under a lowered 99 C5 Vette.

I think I have PTSD from dealing with Hamburg overhead. Going to have night terrors just thinking about it

Loomis Root did my Forward 2 post versametric (asymmetric arms that adjust) lift and years later it’s still great. Install was fast and worth the delivery charge, top notch installation and no complaints. I’ve had my 3/4 ton Chevy truck up there and my father’s 1 ton Ford on the lift with no concerns. They don’t wire the motor in and you’ll want to verify ceiling height requirements for any lift.

I will be in the market for a two post hopefully near summertime. I think the bend pak XPR-10A-LPR will work best for me. Its basically a 10K capacity asymmetrical two post. How much do the charge for a install?

My 10k# 2 post Forward lift was $3400 delivered and installed (minus wiring).