Looking for a person/company who installs 2-post auto lifts....

I’ve got 3 2-post Rotary asymmetrical lifts that I’m going to have to have installed in my shop between Tuesday and Friday of next week. I’ve gotten one quote that seems a bit out of hand, however I’m still willing to pay well. The installer would have to supply the lags as well.

Not looking for the casual DIY-er either. I need to find someone experienced to do this, preferably someone who is bonded.

Recos?

Off topic but, where is your shop?

talk to the local shop owners
hybrid connection, innovative tuning, and swerve

most of those people probably did it themselves, i know djnick did, it was pretty easy and straighfwd, although i wouldnt want to do it 3 times in one sitting, the hardest part is wiring them up for 220v and drilling the lag bolts, are you sure your pad is up to snuff?

Signing the lease tomorrow, hopefully I’ll be open on 10/1, and it’s at 4585 Genesee St.

I just don’t have the time to F it up, being completely honest. Yes, the pad is good to go, and I already have an electrical contractor doing wiring. The way I see it, I could maybe save 5 bills by doing it myself. I’m also planning on having thousands of pounds of car above me every day. Not worth the remote chance that I didn’t do it right.

I’ll give that a whirl. Thanks!

near the airport there?

thats a good location.

in springville?

Yeah, right across from the NOCO/Holiday Inn. Yeah, not a bad place to be, although I wasn’t nearly as concerned about drive-by visibility as I was about having a perfectly-sized, nice layout shop.

Its not as bad of a job to do yourself as it is time consuming. Both of ours took a few days to get complete. Decided on the best spots, leveled the concrete to use as few shims as possible, stood em up, measured, remeasured, checked the measurements, measured, drilled for the bolts, torqued it down, and hooked up the accesories. Are yours used or does the place you bought them from offer install?

Where the detail place used to be?

Mine are used. Bought them from Karson Equipment/Towing in Wyoming. He gave me a recommendation of Chuck at Loomis Root. Good guy on the phone, but as I mentioned before, the install cost seemed a bit high @ 350/ea. Now that did include lags, which I know are pretty pricey.

I think that’s what it was. Carmen’s something or other.

Too me this would be one of those things where you want to make sure it is done absolutely perfect…esp. with used lifts. I would want an experienced installer to make sure they were as they should be and function 100%.

That might be worth the extra bit of $ up front to make sure they are solid and work properly for the length of time u are at that location.

Totally agreed, and if I find another company that does this, and the price is similar, I’ll rest easier.

i bought my used lift from loomis root. installed it myself. it is silly easy. but if you want better, more convenient, and garunteed install…then pay the 350, i think it is pretty reasonable.

if you decide to do it yourself i would be willing to help. it really is easy. my help would be more concentrated on the lagging and lifting. nothing electrical since electricity is out to kill me. i really feel it has a vendetta and will go out of its way to kill me.

Do it yourself, I know it’s not as hard as you think.

Is this gonna be a legit shop?

LOL. I’ve had my LLC registered for almost 2 years. I just finished sending in the money to become a NYS registered inspection station and repair shop. The building is already zoned for automotive repair in the town of Cheektowaga. I’ll be spending 5 digits on diagnostic equipment within the next 3 months.

At 37 years old, and running various entities from Indy shops to a Lambo dealer, I’m doing this right.

Hm. That was kind of a long winded answer.

The short answer is “yes”.