Any local distributors/installers of automotive lifts?

Garage plans are moving forward this summer and a lift (second one in the near future) is an integral part of the design. Anybody have any experience with a local (or fairly local) distributor of lifts who will do delivery and install?

I think most people just install them themselves. My friend in Rochester just did one in his barn. Installation was pretty straight forward. His is an Atlas.

I think these are made in buffalo. Try them. Sorry I don’t have any first hand experience with anyone.

They put in my offshore Forward lift. They put in ColdAccord’s Direct lift, they put in 5 Rotary’s down at a shop I work out of, they put in all Jason’s second hand Rotary lifts. Took an hour and a half, and they were pulling out of my driveway.

Considering the portable / temp setup myself. Hey Jeller.

Did 4 at my old shop as well. They are fast and efficient but they do not do the electrical portion.

Good to hear so much experience with Loomis Root, a friend at work also recommended them.

I’ll do the electrical for a small price…

Thanks for the offer, but the electrical was about the only part of the job I had covered.

Yeah, Loomis did my 3, and they were quick. However, I refuse to deal with them any longer. They were quick to take my grand to install the lifts, but trying to get them to come out for any post-install service is impossible. I called them in December to get some service work done. They said they were backed up and it would be 3-4 weeks. Fine. It wasn’t an emergency, put me on the schedule. I still haven’t seen them, even after a follow up call. Same with calls to get them out to renew various tire supplies.

Cliffs: good quick install, don’t expect them to follow up on anything.

That sucks. I’ve read that customer support from either distributors or manufacturers of lifts should be factored into the decision making process. How much was delivery/install if you don’t mind me asking?

I bought my set of 3 used from a place in Wyoming (NY). Install was $1k for the 3. So, I totally understand that they didn’t sell them new, so obviously they have no responsibility for after-sale support, but when I call, “get on the schedule”, and they just never show up, or return calls, even though I’m willing to pay whatever they’re going to charge for service, that’s just shitty.

I’ve been doing business with them for almost 12 years, never an issue. I pay my bills, and they come anytime I’ve needed anything. Call either of the brothers or Chuck on their cell phones and gotten what I’ve needed in 12-36 hours or sooner if they’re in the area.